Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Files

Options
  • 22-11-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi, I want to move my photos to an ext hd but any program just copies them, is there one that will just move the lot.
    Thanks

Comments

Teracopy.

Make sure to test it on some sample files first - you want to use the option that verifies the copied files (to make sure they are identical to the originals)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

thanks, but I don't want copies, I want to move originals

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

why not just copy them over and delete the originals after?
    it's better to do it that way in case there is a problem in the transferring process as you may lose your data

wex96 wrote: »

On a technical level its the same difference. 'Moving' just deletes the source file when its finished creating a copy on the destination drive.

But if you know better then use something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

wex96 wrote: »
    Are you thinking along the lines that you can only move them so many times before they become corrupted?

what file types are they?

• Advertisement
Advertisement