Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Town Hall Music Gig

Options
  • 22-11-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Has anyone ever been to the Town Hall for a music gig? Myself and the OH are thinking of going to Jack L - the 27 club, show but, we're not sure how it would work with the seating layout in the Town Hall.
    Has anyone any experience of going to a gig like this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Been for musicals and it was fine. It's not really the same without a moshpit but suppose it depends on the music...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

It's going to be Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin etc.
    It seems like a weird venue for a show like that.
    I'll wait and see if anyone has any feedback or opinions before committing to buying the tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Saw Jack L there many years ago, was a great show, would have been nice to stand and be able to dance, but it didn't really detract from the man's awesome talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ceannbui

saw david grey there years ago. loved it. love the townhouse as a venue. as long as you don't mind sitting through the show though.

used to go to the town hall when there was a nightclub on saturdays upstairs. some craic

Cheers guys.
    Will take the plunge and get some tickets.
    I'll report back to let ye know what it was like, in case anyone else is interested in going to a show like it.
    Thanks again.

Also, a nightclub in the town hall...? When was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

juicet3rry wrote: »
    It's going to be Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin etc.
    That's quite the line-up. I'd almost go and see that meself.

Ficheall wrote: »
    That's quite the line-up. I'd almost go and see that meself.

I knew some smart arse would pick up on that. Didn't think it would take that long though.
    They're supposed to be out of this world

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ceannbui

the nightclub was probably 8 years ago. friendliest vibe i've ever encountered in a club. went to a couple of operas there as well. great venue. hope you enjoy the gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

All gigs I've been to there have been great. Audience got up and danced on the spot (chairs flip up) for Rodrigo & Gabriela;). That was a three generations gig, most folk in thier thirties with kids and grandparents and some random teen guitar freaks.... very cool.

Hi all,

In case anybody is interested, the gig was pretty good.
    The seating in the town hall is quite cramped but half way through the gig people were standing up and getting involved.

Jack L was also quite good. He put his own twist on the songs which worked for most but not all songs. In fairness, I think most people would find it difficult to cover Amy Winehouse and Janis Joplin.

Overall it was a good gig but I just wanted to get home and play the originals as loud as I could.

• Advertisement
Advertisement