Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 years’ Football Manager experience becomes Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Seems to be a lot of confusion around this, some "sources" saying he is the manager, others saying he is reserve manager, but the original: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/ovrigaligor/article15765220.ab
    states he is a sporting director.

It seems that everyone is just jumping on the fact that he said he loves football and payed FM, nothing to do with the fact that he had three semesters in a management training in Boston and then with experience of helping scout and management company SBN with contacts in countries such as Russia, Ukraine and Azerbaijan, he took the chance - he picked up his bag and baggage and flew to Baku to work as assistant to the vice president.

Full article translated:
    21-year-old Swede Vugar Huseinzade has made an incredible journey in a short time.

From playing football on the computer for a little while then he got last week job as sports director in metropolitan club FC Baku - most candidates French legend Jean-Pierre Papin.

- It came as a shock, says Huseinzade for Sportbladet.

After coming to Sweden from Azerbaijan at the millennium dreamed Vugar Huseinzade certainly a future in football, but never played at any level higher than boys' team in Kumla.

- I've always wanted to get involved with football and have played Football Manager game since 2002, says Vugar and refers to the classic football game where you take the role of the manager (coach and sporting director).

Last week, he became sports director for real - in Azerbaijani FC Baku.

The first contact with the club came in a haphazard way, then Vugar ran into the club's vice-president of a hotel in Lithuania a few years ago.
    "We talked a little"

- He heard that I was from Azerbaijan and we talked a bit, he says.

Fast forward to December last year: three semesters in a management training in Boston decided Vugar to take a break from school.

With experience of helping scout and management company SBN with contacts in countries such as Russia, Ukraine and Azerbaijan, he took the chance - he picked up his bag and baggage and flew to Baku to work as assistant to the vice president.

Everything went well and when the club a few months later kicked the current sports director stepped French national team legend Ballon d'Or winners Jean-Pierre Papin emerged as favorite for the post.
    "Asked if I was ready"

But the vice president wanted different and a few days ago, he told me his plan Vugar.

- It came as a shock. We had a chat and he asked if I feel ready for this. So I said yes. Almost all the newspapers wrote that "I won the race" against Papin. It sounded a little funny, not that I would compare myself to him, he says with an easy laugh.

Papin is expected instead to a role higher up in the hierarchy and also the former national team player Olivier Dacourt, if everything goes well, soon to come to work in the club.

As sports director, he has control of the star players and sales and administers the first team.
    Want to recruit Swedes

Recently, FC Baku started to aim up, aim, and expectations are clear.

- I want to see the team for at least the Europa League, which is where we want to be. There is all that is needed, said Vugar.

In order to take the club forward planning the new sports director, inter alia, to look back - and are working to gather Swedish players.

Do you have any names?

- I can not say specifically, but we are in contact with a football agency and it's about players who are known in the headlines, he says.

For Vugar Huseinzade dream became true in Baku. Perhaps we will soon see more Swedes follow in his footsteps.

Advertisement