Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid west Galway water supply back on a boil water notice

Options

Comments

The area where we bought our house has had a boil notice in place for over a decade. We didn't know until we moved in and a neighbour mentioned it.

Finally got around to installing a water softener and RO system last year and haven't looked back since

• Registered Users Posts: 48,244 ✭✭✭✭km79

DaCor wrote: »
    The area where we bought our house has had a boil notice in place for over a decade. We didn't know until we moved in and a neighbour mentioned it.

Finally got around to installing a water softener and RO system last year and haven't looked back since
    A water softener is most certainly on my to do list. But would not make any difference to a boil water notice. What is an RO system ?
    It's the lack of communication that annoys me ! What are the chances of someone stumbling on the notice on their website ? It should be on radio, in newspapers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

Is there a map of the area that Mid West Galway encompasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is there a map of the area that Mid West Galway encompasses?

Like it says in the notice:

The Mid-Galway Regional Water Supply Scheme serves an extensive area from Abbeyknockmoy to the North, Ballydavid to the South, Brackloon & Gorteen (Tiaquin) to the East and Coolaran to the West. It also includes Monivea and Colemanstown.
    The following Group Water Schemes are also fed from the supply: Abbert, Ard Aoibhin, Cuillagh, Mira, Coolarne and an area to the south of the Galway-Dublin railway line known as Mid-Galway Phase 4 which covers Kiltullagh, Attymon & Carrabane areas. A map of the affected area will be available on the Galway County Council website

The map is here (shame they didn't put the link into the notice, but it took about 20 seconds to find on their website)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

Much obliged :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I haven't drank tap water in years, I don't even have a boil notice. Tap water tastes like muck and I don't trust it. You can get a load of water in Lidl cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

i wonder if we will be charged for contaminated water when the meter
    charges come in.

would we still pay for a bottle of Ballygowan if it had a boil notice on the
    side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

dvae wrote: »
    i wonder if we will be charged for contaminated water when the meter
    charges come in.

Yes! Probably with surcharge to cover costs to bring it back to appropriate quality.

Advertisement