Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uPVC window replaced - 115cmx92cm

Options
  • 22-11-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

we need to get our kitchen window replaced.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a ball park figure for a window uPVC double glazed window, supplied and fitted, size 115cm wide x 92cm high.

Have phoned around a few places and they either said they'd get back to me and they didn't or the prices varied wildly from €450 to €1050.

Any advice would be great.

And also if anyone knows where you could get one quickly (rather than the 7-10 working days some of them quoted) can you tell me? I don't mind paying a bit more to get it quick - there is a security issue at the moment with the way the current window is and I would rather pay a bit extra for peace of mind quickly than have it boarded up for 2 weeks.

thanks folks
    Ted

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

your location would be a help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Dublin, but I am prepared to go anywhere tomorrow to collect a window if there is one available and get it fitted locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Ring a few window Fabricators in your area first, then, guys who fit windows, someone might have a window from a cancelled order.
    You may not get the combination of openings you need but if its urgent, comprimise

remember if you cannot get the exact size, look at smaller sizes, you can fit frame extentions, top and sides, available in 15mm, 30mm and 50mm with most windows, so maybe a temporary window, while you wait for the exact size and openings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Thanks Martin - I already tried a few of the fabricators, all said it would be at least next Thursday before they can get a window ready. I was prepared to change the openings etc as you mentioned just to have a secure window in, but no luck. I was even prepared to drive up to Dessian or Camden's in the north to collect if needs be but no go.

In the end we have managed to get a temporary window fitted, but it means that it is not ideal for the alarm system, but better than nothing. The actual window when its fitted will be €650. I did find a place who can do one for €350 but it is only a 3 lock basic window, and for security I'd rather pay the €650 for a more secure window, TBH.

thanks for your suggestions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Little Ted wrote: »
    Thanks Martin - I already tried a few of the fabricators, all said it would be at least next Thursday before they can get a window ready. I was prepared to change the openings etc as you mentioned just to have a secure window in, but no luck. I was even prepared to drive up to Dessian or Camden's in the north to collect if needs be but no go.

In the end we have managed to get a temporary window fitted, but it means that it is not ideal for the alarm system, but better than nothing. The actual window when its fitted will be €650. I did find a place who can do one for €350 but it is only a 3 lock basic window, and for security I'd rather pay the €650 for a more secure window, TBH.

thanks for your suggestions anyway.

No problem, for anyone else in this situation, the delay is not in making the window, it can be knocked together in an hour its getting the Glass units.
    Most fabricators buy in the glass and would have to wait for a delivery
    So in the East, Weatherglaze have their own glass line, and up North, Camden own their own Glass factory, so they might do someone a favour and make a window asap.
    Not sure of any others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement