Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covering a tattoo on my back

• 22-11-2012 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I've trawled Boards for threads on this and whilst some of them do give great advice there was one question I had about Dermablend - hence, posting it in the Beauty section. I hope you guys can help:

I've got a tattoo on my back. I'm bridesmaid for a friend of mine next year. The dress comes down low on the back. I'm, obviously, opting to cover the tattoo with Vichy Dermablend make-up. However, does this rub off easily? The dress will cover a bit of the tattoo but the other half is exposed. Do I cover the whole tattoo or cover the half that's exposed?

i was thinking of asking the make-up girl to do this for me on the day... what do you think. Help would be appreciated, I'm really anxious about it and it's kind of upsetting me that I have to wear this dress at all to begin with!

Thanks, p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I think you should ask the make-up lady to do it for you on the day. The back is such an awkward place to apply make-up, also it's much better to have a professional do it for you, she will know the exact type of product to use, so it won't rub off. Enjoy the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'd say cover the whole tattoo, otherwise as you move around during the day the bit that isn't covered could poke out at times as the dress moves. According to the dermablend FAQ it needs to be set with setting powder & you need to be careful with the lotion/moisturiser you use to keep it from rubbing off on clothes

http://m.skin-one.com/dermablendfaq.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'd check with the make-up artist first that A) she's happy to cover the tattoo (as in, she has experience doing it) B) that she has the products required, C) that she has the time to do it on the day, as i've had it done and it takes quite a while and D) whether or not she's going to charge extra for it, cause if she does, you should be paying for it.

If she can't/won't do it, I'd recommend Make-Up Forever on Clarendon St, that's where I go whenever I need mine covered. Haven't had it done in a few years, but they used to charge around 20 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I'd check with the make-up artist first that A) she's happy to cover the tattoo (as in, she has experience doing it) B) that she has the products required, C) that she has the time to do it on the day, as i've had it done and it takes quite a while and D) whether or not she's going to charge extra for it, cause if she does, you should be paying for it.

If she can't/won't do it, I'd recommend Make-Up Forever on Clarendon St, that's where I go whenever I need mine covered. Haven't had it done in a few years, but they used to charge around 20 quid.

Brilliant, great advice. I would, of course, pay the extra to get this done. I don't think I'd have time on the day to get in to Make-up Forever but good to know for future events. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I've seen this around although I don't know anything about how well it works or where you could get it. But just another option if you needed it! Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've seen this around although I don't know anything about how well it works or where you could get it. But just another option if you needed it! Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

I've used this and it's excellent. Was just about to suggest it.

I bought it in America though, not sure it can be got here.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I've bought Kat Von D make up from ebay before, no problems. Sephora don't ship it to here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

would this rub off against fabric?

Advertisement