Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gonna put in HID's on the ZX

• 22-11-2012 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna start ordering the bits and pieces to rebuild my bike over the next couple of weeks, and I thought seeing as I have to get a new headlight anyway, I may as well lash a HID unit into it. Anybody any experience of these?

This is what it will look like in the ZX headlight:

229697.jpg

229698.jpg

229699.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

wouldnt be a fan of the angel eyes personally, but the light is supposed to be great from the (proper) HID stuff - both quantity and quality of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Please, please focus them properly - with the rider onboard. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

AFAIK it's impossible to get a normal bulb's reflector to focus properly with HIDs as a bulb is a much smaller light source.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Wossack wrote: »
    wouldnt be a fan of the angel eyes personally, but the light is supposed to be great from the (proper) HID stuff - both quantity and quality of it

Not mad about the angel eyes meself but it's more for the proper HID's TBH.
    Please, please focus them properly - with the rider onboard. .

When I got the bike initially, the previous rider must have been Dani Pedrosa cos the lights were WAY up and blinding everyone I met. It took a while, but I got the alignment right in time. I'll be doing the same.
    ninja900 wrote: »
    AFAIK it's impossible to get a normal bulb's reflector to focus properly with HIDs as a bulb is a much smaller light source.

You're probably right, but as above, I'll just have to "shine them down and to the left" so as to not blind everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

ninja900 wrote: »
    Oh, right. Well point or aim - whatever is the right term.
    Can the garage headlight focus machine still be used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

had these on a blade before,,good mod to do and dont have to worry about the reflector scattering light al over the place as the projector lense sorts that out,,op are you getting them with the hi lo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

had these on a blade before,,good mod to do and dont have to worry about the reflector scattering light al over the place as the projector lense sorts that out,,op are you getting them with the hi lo

Nice one, thanks for that.

As for the hi lo, AFAIK it's standard. I guess I'll find out when it's on. LOL

Advertisement