Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Neff Electric Oven.

Options
  • 22-11-2012 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

In our shared, rented apartment, someone flicked the wall switch for the oven off and on. This seems to have reset our Neff Electric Oven, because it does not heat up at all, nor does the fan work. Strangely, the hobs continue to heat up.

An old housemate, who has since moved out, advised me not to flick the wall switch off in the future. I know there is a solution to this problem that is quite straightforward, and does not require any electrical items to be replaced. However, I do not know what it is. Below are pictures of the oven's dials.

Can someone who knows the problem we are having please explain the solution?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

cant see pics however your oven is on automatic and needs to be switched to manual
    this involves holding 2 buttons simultaneously or setting the time
    trial and error usually does it

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Check to see if one of the MCBs has tripped on your fuseboard. (If one is in the 'down' position it is likely that this is the one controlling power to the oven - Just switch it to 'up' and see if cooker works).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Check the buttons for a hand symbol, and press it to put the oven into manual mode.

Advertisement