Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedsits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i knew single people who lived in bedsits that were fine,
    had fridge ,tv , cooker etc some were bad, some were ok,,saying every bedsit is awful is just untrue.
    some people older ,on disability allowance they will have nowwhere to go .A Large flat or 1bed apartment is
    over the ra limit in dublin.
    They were very happy to live there.
    Dublin corporation has only a limited amount of flats
    for single people,most of which go to people over 60.
    THIS is bad timing ,when rent allowance limits are being reduced.
    IF YOU are a landlord ,with 4 bedsits, conversion costs 15k per unit,approx, you,ll end up with two flats going for 2x the previous rent,
    ie over the ra limit.
    You,ll have to charge higher rent.
    i can see most rent allowance flats in dublin just
    disappearing overnight.
    ie it will make no financial sense to rent to a single person on rent allowance in most buildings .
    it maybe different outside dublin where rents are much lower.

LANDLORDS were on joe duffy,saying i,ve one house
    rented out, i wont be able to borrow 70 k to
    convert my flats .i,m over 50 ,ill sell the house or just rent it out as 1 unit,
    eg ill have to give notice to my tenants.
    NOT all landlords are greedy millionaires ,
    many just rent out 2 or 3 flats to rent allowance clients.
    This new law basically wipes out flats on the lower end of the market, people on the lowest incomes will be hurt by this.
    if you are on ra theres no way you can afford to rent a studio flat in most parts of dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

dearg lady wrote: »
    I haven't tried to put an ad up, I'm just saying some appear as 'bedsit/studio' at the top of the ad, and not just in the body of the ad. You can actually search for this

Perhaps you can produce a link. I have just done a search and they all come up as studio apartment and that is the only search option also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Perhaps you can produce a link. I have just done a search and they all come up as studio apartment and that is the only search option also.

A tad overdue... :P

daftscreen.png

Advertisement