Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 inch tv

Options
  • 22-11-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey ,

Looking to get 32inch tv for my parents for Xmas..only spec is saorview approved as that's all they will b using it for...don't mind buying online or instore...budget max is 300 mark ...any recommendation greatly appreciated....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

loads of tvs at that price- suggest breaking your price barrier. if theyre anything like my folks the imperative is to reduce the number of remotes- i got them a walker 32" in power city (shelf price €370 but theyll knock off a few bob if pressed) the attraction is it has built in tuners for saorview and freesat meaning both irish and british channels without the need for extra boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭framework123

damian139 wrote: »
    loads of tvs at that price- suggest breaking your price barrier. if theyre anything like my folks the imperative is to reduce the number of remotes- i got them a walker 32" in power city (shelf price €370 but theyll knock off a few bob if pressed) the attraction is it has built in tuners for saorview and freesat meaning both irish and british channels without the need for extra boxes

Thanks I should state this tv is for bedroom so should only be 1 remote and only using saorview...does freestat pick up English channels anywhere in Ireland ? Only have aerial in attic like based in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Online with Argos you'll find a good choice of 32" tvs. Even some are priced at under €300. Reviews by current users can also help in the selection process.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭framework123

Online with Argos you'll find a good choice of 32" tvs. Even some are priced at under €300. Reviews by current users can also help in the selection process.

Ok so would Argos offer the best value for money on that range of tvs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 timhawker

I'm on the look out for a 32" and the best value seems to be the Samsung UE32EH5000 if your budget can stretch a bit. £270 (€335) on Amazon, who deliver to Ireland:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE32EH5000-32-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B007JURCH8/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1353621734&sr=1-1

Curry's are cheapest on the high street at €390. Alternatively Pixmania are €345 delivered, and there's a €7 discount if you enter IEPIXNOV7:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11826997/art/samsung/ue32eh5000-led-television.html

Might be worth paying a bit more to get Full HD and a well reviewed model from a good brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 kenobiwan

saw a great deal in argos up north. 32inch flatscreen 3d tv with 8 free 3d glasses for 249.99gbp.if only my folks were in any way tech savvy id get it for them!check argos.co.uk

Advertisement