Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Clonmel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Anyone know anything about Love Lane Close?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

It would be about 20-30 minutes walk to Abbot. It's an awkward cul de sac that means you have to walk out onto Prior Park Road and on to the bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

OP I'm astounded you haven't found a place in clonmel given the glut of property available. I'm presuming you dont have a car..would you consider using a bike so you could widen your search? While i appreciate the 12 mth contract thing there's bound to be someone delighted to take you under the rent a room scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

digzy wrote: »
    OP I'm astounded you haven't found a place in clonmel given the glut of property available. I'm presuming you dont have a car..would you consider using a bike so you could widen your search? While i appreciate the 12 mth contract thing there's bound to be someone delighted to take you under the rent a room scheme.

I think the op has some very strict criteria. Needs to be near Abbott due to no transport, 6 month contract, landlord who won't have a problem with student. But they don't seem to want to live in certain estates because of a preceived notion that they are dangerous even though people who live there have reassured him. They were also on another forum asking on advice about moving in with someone who was 35 as he thought they'd be too old :rolleyes: I think there are plenty of properties in Clonmel that would be suitable but he seems to be looking for the perfect one.

Anyway op I hope you've gotten something sorted by now. :)

digzy wrote: »
    I've now started to look a bit further down town so that might open up a few more options. I was hoping for somewhere on the cashel rd so I could walk to work but thats not too easy.
    Meathlass wrote: »
    I think the op has some very strict criteria. Needs to be near Abbott due to no transport, 6 month contract, landlord who won't have a problem with student. But they don't seem to want to live in certain estates because of a preceived notion that they are dangerous even though people who live there have reassured him. They were also on another forum asking on advice about moving in with someone who was 35 as he thought they'd be too old :rolleyes: I think there are plenty of properties in Clonmel that would be suitable but he seems to be looking for the perfect one.

Anyway op I hope you've gotten something sorted by now. :)
    I have options but not quite sorted. That was me on the other forum. Something just didnt sit right with me about that house, probably stupid but thats how I felt.
    Im hearing really mixed things about the area ard caoin/ dromeala. Some people say its fine and others say its absolutely not. But your right, the main problems I have are not being able to drive and the length of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Love Lane Close?

I think Love lane close is actually near the cashel road roundabout.....Love lane leads out onto Prior Park Road but the end of the lane was up near the cashel road before the by pass (inner relief road) was built which cut the lane apart...so the top of the lane is called love lane close and is very near abbott !!

(as far as I know anyway..its those house right beside the roundabout)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

solerina wrote: »
    I think Love lane close is actually near the cashel road roundabout.....Love lane leads out onto Prior Park Road but the end of the lane was up near the cashel road before the by pass (inner relief road) was built which cut the lane apart...so the top of the lane is called love lane close and is very near abbott !!

(as far as I know anyway..its those house right beside the roundabout)

You are right! It's a little lane that goes in to the left as you are near the bottom of the Cashel Road heading towards town.

That's just down the hill from Abbott op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

If you've no transport, looking down town is pointless. That hill is steep and a royal pain in the ass to walk up, never mind if it's wet or freezing as it probably will be over next few months. To be honest, it's only 6 months, does it really have to be your dream home??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I would like to invite ryanf to share his experiences about what it is like to live in Clonmel. Hope you do !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    I would like to invite ryanf to share his experiences about what it is like to live in Clonmel. Hope you do !

Been here 7 weeks now. Got a place in Ard na Sidhe in the end. To be honest I don't see much of the town itself, been down there once or twice at night and that's about it.
    Only bad thing is the hill up to Abbott, not nice every morning,especially this week when it's been freezing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Been here 7 weeks now. Got a place in Ard na Sidhe in the end. To be honest I don't see much of the town itself, been down there once or twice at night and that's about it.
    Only bad thing is the hill up to Abbott, not nice every morning,especially this week when it's been freezing!

Hope you find the people friendly, and that you can enjoy the valley on Slievenamon when the weather improves. As people sometimes say " life is not a dress rehearsal" so enjoy it as much as you can.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How are you finding living in Ard Na Sidhe?

I used to live there myself. You should walk into town some more, it's not that far of a walk and it's good to see a bit of the town.

Advertisement