Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hours spent playing (make me feel a bit better)

Options
  • 22-11-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

So I noticed that my gaming time is quite high these days... to the point where I might have a problem :pac:

So I wonder can you guys make me feel a bit better about myself, How many hours have you spend on bf3?

530hrs for me (since the new year).... I can kinda justify it in my own mind that I would have otherwise been watching mindless TV.

Playing time on BF3 (hours) 51 votes

0-100
    0% 0 votes
    100-200
    25% 13 votes
    200-300
    29% 15 votes
    300-400
    11% 6 votes
    400-500
    1% 1 vote
    500-600
    9% 5 votes
    600-700
    9% 5 votes
    700-800
    9% 5 votes
    800-900
    1% 1 vote
    900-1000
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Have the game about 2 weeks and have about 30 hours now at the moment, but i dont watch tele or anything so thats where its coming from.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Dont worry dude, 530 isnt that high. I've got 652 hours played since release. I have only played a few hours in the past 3 months though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the hours just fly by,

ah 9 o clock one last game and then relax in front of the telly

ah sweet f*ck how is it half 3 already... fine just one more game...

repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

dont feel bad dude i had 650 hours before my account was hacked and i had to start again, now im just under the rank of colonel with 21 hours game play

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

510 hours. Barely played in the last 3 months so that'll tell you how much I had been playing. Every night, 2-3 hours before the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I'm at 513 hours, seems like a completely crazy number but really its the sign of a great game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

which is oddly 177 more than BF2 and im convinced i played Bf2 more :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

pumped in 330 or so for bc2, bought a gaming rig specifically for bf3 a month ago as its such an upgrade from the console and a different game really, only get to play it in the second home where i spend 2 nights a week, so just under 20 hours currently. i do miss my ritual of a bottle of wine and a bit of battlefield when i wasn't working though, good times..good times...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

*phew* I feel better now :)

BF2 I had only racked up a mere 65hrs and BFBC I got a slightly more respectable 230hrs. (K/D ratio in BFBC was 2.4 .... damn that's not bad!)

also, sorry for anyone who has played +1000 hrs and finds themselves without an option to select... thought 1000hrs was a pretty reasonable limit!

• Advertisement

KD is 1.0 im an equal oppurtunities player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

190 hours for me, I go a few weeks or months without playing but always go back to it for a few days cause it's easily the best fps I ever played.
    Got a k/d of 3.87, not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

598 since it came out and I am just off for a game now .

KD is 1.01

****e it doesnt say how many flags i capped, one thing that annoys me about the BF3 stats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You get flag attacker ribbons, one for every 4 you capture. I have 1211 of them :) That stat should be on the main page though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

or you can equip the flag attacker dog tag and it will tell you and everyone you kill how many flag captures you have ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Less than 100 i know that. Probably in the 20-40 region and i have the game since April.

That's going to change as I've just started to learn how to fly the jet using an xbox controller. Soooo much better than M/KD.

Still can't grasp the Heli with it's X/Y/Z dipping. Blows my mind every time i get in one :/

Taylor365 wrote: »
    That's going to change as I've just started to learn how to fly the jet using an xbox controller. Soooo much better than M/KD.

Still can't grasp the Heli with it's X/Y/Z dipping. Blows my mind every time i get in one :/

getting kills with the jet is hard work! even if you're really good! Other jet pilots just eject and you dont get the kill, you've to be very quick and accurate with the cannon.

As for helis; you get used to them, their controls become an extention of your arm. You need to be semi-decent to rack up the kills as a pilot, but at least rocket damage is a bit higher since the original un-patched version and the flying behaviour of the russian heli is on par with the Viper. Look after your gunner and he'll look after you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

My Play time is actually near 60 hours. (I'd say a good 20 in the last month alone)

Trying to spend as much time as possible in the jets and helis to rack up the upgrades. Have gotten a few nice heat-seeker kills with the jet and shuffling a squad from flag to flag is really rewarding in the heli :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Haven't really played since August. Clocked up 403 hours on the main account and maybe an extra day or two on the other account.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Ade_LFC_Alves/stats/179113116/ps3/

• Advertisement
Advertisement