Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A big thanks to the lads who locked up the engineering building!!

• 22-11-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭

A group today locked up the entrance of the engineering building in a protest to the apcoa hell we're going through.

While I agree with the objective, your ideas must have been thought about as you parked up!

for God sake lads all ye done was cause trouble for the students trying to get into the college and out to the car park all day. making them walk around the college in the cold!

if you're on here did ye achieve anything?
    So far everyone I know is just p#ssed off at ye!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

YbFocus wrote: »
    A group today locked up the entrance of the engineering building in a protest to the apcoa hell we're going through.

While I agree with the objective, your ideas must have been thought about as you parked up!

for God sake lads all ye done was cause trouble for the students trying to get into the college and out to the car park all day. making them walk around the college in the cold!

if you're on here did ye achieve anything?
    So far everyone I know is just p#ssed off at ye!

About time someone stood up to apcoa. Student union are remaining awful quiet on the subject of parking and clamping in the college. Didn't notice it today but I'm not in the engineering building. Fair play to them I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

athlonelad wrote: »

About time someone stood up to apcoa. Student union are remaining awful quiet on the subject of parking and clamping in the college. Didn't notice it today but I'm not in the engineering building. Fair play to them I say.

Fair play if they do it right.

But they hampered us with a blockade, cars across an entrance etc.

They only effected the students of the engineering building.

If they organised something proper I'd be beside them!

Fair play if they do it right.

But they hampered us with a blockade, cars across an entrance etc.

They only effected the students of the engineering building.

If they organised something proper I'd be beside them!
    Hopefully it's only the start of the protests. We can't allow thugs to extort money from students and staff in the college and it's time the student union started acting on it. They are supposed to be the voice of the student. And they actually get a wage for it too!

Hopefully it's only the start of the protests. We can't allow thugs to extort money from students and staff in the college and it's time the student union started acting on it. They are supposed to be the voice of the student. And they actually get a wage for it too!
    it has become fairly common practice to just cut the clamp off up at the engineering building, I'm sure they'd get pretty sick of it very quick if everyone followed suit :-)

Yes an IT wide protest should be organised for sure but not one that affects the students, let us blockade the apcoa can next time it appears on site.

it has become fairly common practice to just cut the clamp off up at the engineering building, I'm sure they'd get pretty sick of it very quick if everyone followed suit :-)

Yes an IT wide protest should be organised for sure but not one that affects the students, let us blockade the apcoa can next time it appears on site.
    Any students get into trouble with college for cutting them off?

• Advertisement

Any students get into trouble with college for cutting them off?
    Any that I know didn't anyway, but last year one lad did get thrown out of college. The trick is cut the lock seemingly so that the clamp isn't damaged.

Advertisement