Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Brigade trucks x4 on the kilbarry road!

Options
  • 22-11-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭

Anybody know whats going on on the Kilbarry road, theres one fire truck with flashing lights at the Tesco roundabout stopping traffic heading down towards the halting site the rest of the trucks seem to be outside the halting site all flashing lights cant smell any smoke so no fires wonder what theyve done this time.

I wish the council would publish the cost of call outs as a result of traveller activity and i wonder do they pay the fees associated with such call outs.

Me thinks not one rule for one group and another for the rest.

Thats all very presumptuos of me!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Anybody know whats going on on the Kilbarry road, theres one fire truck with flashing lights at the Tesco roundabout stopping traffic heading down towards the halting site the rest of the trucks seem to be outside the halting site all flashing lights cant smell any smoke so no fires wonder what theyve done this time.

I wish the council would publish the cost of call outs as a result of traveller activity and i wonder do they pay the fees associated with such call outs.

Me thinks not one rule for one group and another for the rest.

Thats all very presumptuos of me!:D

I guarantee nobody on the halting site will have to pay a call out charge, but if they were call out to any of our houses, they would have no problem sending out a bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Traveller bashing thread! Aww ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Just stating a fact. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

Just to clarify, Waterford City Fire Service Do NOT charge anything for any domestic fire calls in Waterford City.. There are only charges for special services which in most cases are covered for by insurance, I.e car accident and industrial incidents ... So again NO CHARGES for domestic in waterford city..

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What about chimney fires?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

So what was the emergency ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Diesel spill, eleven thousand litres leaked from a hiace

Fire Brigade were pretty busy today, probably due to the weather. Dont know what happened with what the OP is talking about, but there was a a fender bender on Rice Bridge at about 4pm going out of the city and the trafficjam was pretty huge. Took me about 25 minutes to get from reginalds tower to the bridge :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Also a crash outside the dole office just before lunch time that backed up traffic coming in from the Cork road

Aquos76 wrote: »

No charge within waterford city..

• Advertisement

No charge within waterford city..

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So tell me, what happens if a fire tender is called to say one of the housing estates up Rockshire Road,or for that matter, Abbey Park, or Oakridge up by Aldi, all just outside the Waterford/Kilkenny boundary,so technically its S. Kilkenny, do Waterford City cover this area, or are the residents expected to wait for a tender to come from Thomastown?

So tell me, what happens if a fire tender is called to say one of the housing estates up Rockshire Road,or for that matter, Abbey Park, or Oakridge up by Aldi, all just outside the Waterford/Kilkenny boundary,so technically its S. Kilkenny, do Waterford City cover this area, or are the residents expected to wait for a tender to come from Thomastown?

Waterford city fire brigade cover as far as knocktopher up the motorway and a very large chunk of south Kilkenny as an agreement area as far as the border with co Wexford and op to piltown and up as far as listerlin, we also cover a very large portion of Co Waterford as far as kilmeaden and passage east, its all about getting the fastest responce possible for the public in a situation regardess of which county your Incident is in, Waterford city would receive a fee from Kilkenny/waterford co co for covering this area and any fire calls within the Kilkenny/waterford co co duristictions that are dealt wit by waterford city may incur a charge from Kilkenny/waterford co co. it may be worth a phone call to see what they charge for.. This may change when the city and county merge as we will be all one fire service in waterford then.

Ye should check out our Facebook page for more details on areas and some great pics..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I was listening to Joe Duffy there not so long ago and there was a caller from waterford complaining that he was involved in a car crash and that it wasnt that bad no one was hurt and the car was fine, Firebrigade was called and it wasnt him that called them and he had to pay for it cos his car insurance didnt cover it cos they didnt use the jaws of life.

Nobody knows what happend then?

Had to laugh at the oil spill one though what a coincidence you should say that, my kids local school had their oil stolen last night guards were there first thing this morn!

Joe Duffy caller, so most likely some nutjob weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

No didnt seem like that at all just pissd off that he had to pay for the fire brigade for a call out he didnt ask for nor did he need can see his point, although i can also see the other side of it.

Advertisement