Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you go on holidays as a child?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Never knew so few people went abroad! Ive never gone a summer where we didnt go abroad..feel a wee bit spoilt noww:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

We were lucky my Dad always had work and saved all year to try give us a holiday, we had one most years. I think the times like my sisters getting married we did get away those years or if there was another costly event on that year.

Saying that I was 15 before I was outside the country, went to Blackpool that year. When I was a small child in the 70s we used to travel to tropical places like Rush and stay in a caravan for a week. I now pass Rush on my commute home most days, but it was miles away for us then

We went to Blackpool when I was 3. Also went to tramore and nearly drowned when I was 3 or 4. My uncle married a spanish woman so we got to go to spain for the wedding when I was 9 but my grandparents paid for that cos we were broke. Then the St. Vincent De Paul sent us off to Rosslare for a week in a mobile home because we were poor!!!

I'm making up for it now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Mosney!

You should see it now. Plenty of 'tourists'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Born in the early 80's. Mother and father went on annual trips to the whest before I was born and then gave up completely. Next holiday was in '96 to a caravan park in Mayo and then I went on one last short trip with them in 2000.... to Mayo again. So basically 2 (shít) holidays in my childhood!

We were the last generation that money was tight for before the boom. Lot of people in their early 30's now have the same story. I wonder will this recession create a whole new era of caravan n camping holiday makers!

Advertisement