Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Roast a la Thomas Reads

Options
  • 22-11-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

A few years back, Thomas Reads used to do a Sunday Roast, basically some live music, board games and roast spuds, it was all very chilled and "Sunday Evening-y" if that makes sense!

Does anyone know if they still do that?
    If not, any recommendations for somewhere similar? I'm looking for the whole chilled out, have a pint, a chat and play some board games kinda vibe

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Against the Grain or The Brew Dock might fit the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Mulligans in Stoneybatter do that. A nice big sunday roast with all the trimmings. I would imagine that Kavanagh's on Dorest St since it is their sister pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I don't think Thomas Reads opens till about 5 on a Sunday. O'Neills on Suffolk Street do a good Sunday lunch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Lumbo wrote: »
    O'Neills on Suffolk Street do a good Sunday lunch.
    They do, but it's not remotely relaxed; more like eating in a railway station. And there are no board games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MrShaneH

Thanks!
    I think Against the Grain is winning this one, surprisingly difficult to find out what pubs do things like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I think the mercantile has a thing called sunday roast on sundays, sounds like what you're describing

Advertisement