Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging Christmas lights outside

Options
  • 22-11-2012 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used one of these before to hang their lights on gutters ? Are they any good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Champagnecurl

Hey .. Did you purchase / use that gadget after ?! I've just realised we are going to need to get our hands on a triple extension ladder . Bloody pain in the aspirin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Nope just got a ladder :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Nope just got a ladder :-)

Did you get a "ladder stand off" too??...(40 euro in most builders providers)

My girlfriend was up the ladder today,placing the lights on the tree in the garden and also fitting the lights to the guttering.

Ladder stand off give you the clearence to get the ladder out past the guttering and work safely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I didn't need to get past the guttering ;) just placed the ladder up under the Eve

I didn't need to get past the guttering ;) just placed the ladder up under the Eve

Thats how an accident happen...due to stretching up and out.

Pics added to post above.

• Advertisement

She also got a 22 foot 2 section extending aluminium ladder in Homebase for 85 euro aswell.

Bargain and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

paddy147 wrote: »
    She also got a 22 foot 2 section extending aluminium ladder in Homebase for 85 euro aswell.

Bargain and a half.

Hi,

I know this thread is a couple of months old but if possibile could you post a link to this ladder?

When you say 22ft, does this mean that each part is 11ft or does it mean that when it is extended it is 22ft?

Im asking coz I need a ladder to reach my gutters and I guess I need a 22ft one too and all the ladder websites that Ive looked at are very very expensive.

Regards

Iba

Advertisement