Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, bit embarrassing but want to sort it!

Options
  • 22-11-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I find myself unable to do a push up. If i go to do one, I Dont have the range of motion? I can't get low enough. Is this a weakness in my triceps? Or my shoulders?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Try it on the bottom stair or second from the bottom stair or whatever you have to hand. Everyone starts at some point. If your start point is the kitchen chair then get good at that and move to lower objects.

See the variations on this clip........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I find myself unable to do a push up. If i go to do one, I Dont have the range of motion? I can't get low enough. Is this a weakness in my triceps? Or my shoulders?

Could be a million and one things. No real point trying to isolate one.

My favourite progression is...

Start knees - stack 3-4 cushions under your chest, push up and back down. When you can do 3x15-20 reps on a given cushion height, take one away the next session.

once you've got down to the floor, start on your feet with the same cushion progression again.

Advertisement