Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Thanksgiving!

Options
  • 22-11-2012 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US today. You can't spell Thanksgiving without genocide... well you can but it wouldn't be as fun. :pac:

Enjoy the festivities everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Being the one in the family with three small kids, fortunately I don't have to do much. Baked a pumpkin and a pecan-chocolate chip pie yesterday and heading over to the in-laws when the football game is over for turkey, ham green bean casserole and all the usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

That sounds wonderful. :) I baked a pecan pie and made a full dinner - first time ever and the turkey was AMAZING. :D

Go you!
    I dread ever having to do a turkey, and not because I am a vegetarian... it just sounds so difficult! Fortunately, my US husband is handy in the kitchen. He made what I am told was a wonderful turducken (sausage stuffed chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey) a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What eventually happens the turkeys that the President gives a Thanksgiving 'amnesty' to on the White House lawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

They are released to a farm to live out a natural end to their days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Our new thanksgiving tradition is eating dinner, and then going out to shoot the crap out of soda cans and the pumpkins left from halloween.

You can imagine the pride I felt when I watched my wife's 91 year old grandmother shoot a can from 40 feet, without getting out of her chair!

My 78 year old mother-in-law goes bear hunting with a bow and arrow. The famous children's book "Going on a Bear Hunt" has a different ending in our house: "They were silly, because they didn't bring grandma!".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

silja wrote: »
    My 78 year old mother-in-law goes bear hunting with a bow and arrow. The famous children's book "Going on a Bear Hunt" has a different ending in our house: "They were silly, because they didn't bring grandma!".

Which is evidence that we have the same kind of US experience......the coasts are overrated, great to visit, but if you want to really experience the USA, you need to move to the heartland.

Advertisement