Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 with Go4Less or USIT?

Options
  • 22-11-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hey all,

So I'm trying to decide whether I should book a J1 for San Diego with USIT or Go4Less. My friends up in Dublin are booking with Go4less and I'd prefer if we could all book it together as it would be less hassle.

My only query is would I have to make many (or any) trips up to Dublin to meet with this Go4less crowd or can it all be done online? I'm from Limerick so this would be inconvenient to say the least.

(I know I have to go to Dublin to go to the American embassy but that would only be a one-off as far as I know.)

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

I've gone with USIT and it's all been online apart from the embassy meeting. Give them both an e-mail to be certain. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mahonykid

if your in limerick usit have an office on the UL campus, handy to call into if you have any problems, thats why i went with them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

It's rare to ever need to visit their office. Any of the companies. Everything is done online or over the phone. The only reasons you should need to go to Dublin will be for the embassy appointment and flying from Dublin airport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 comos

I went with usit last year and my friends booked with goforless. it was no problem as i just gave usit my friends flight numbers and they booked me on the same flight. we even got to sit together as we checked in at the airport at the same time. usit were good and they seem to have a few shops in limerick, theres deffo one in UL and one in town that I know of, not sure about MaryI or LIT??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Amaroo

Hey, I'm planning on going to Canada on a J1, I know this is about America, but I was wondering which company would be best to go with, I'm thinking about Go4less at the moment. How much does the J1 process usually cost excluding flights? :) And does anyone have any advice? :) I've heard the USIT is a rip-off and that Go4less doesn't help with the Visa, so I'm a bit confused!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mctanya

Go4less are a Terrible company to go with. They get you to book and then start charging you for things they said were "free". All lies there is no free stopover when i was booking my flight i rang them and was told before i even said anything about where i was going the girl informed me that the stopover is not free at all! They also charge €135 for the embassy fee when the fee is actually only €120. They charge u €10 for the registered post and €30 for a sim again we were told this was free. Will NEVER book with them again! Also their so called jobs database is just a list of places in the area you are going no actual jobs or contacts

Advertisement