Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat reclaim/0rating from germany?

Options
  • 22-11-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm a vat registered buisness from ireland. Looking to build a work/gaming pc. Thinking of getting most of my stuff from http://www.hardwareversand.de/ Has anyone got vat back off them?

I presume they have to 0 rate it for export or give an irish vat receipt. Sent them an email yesterday but nothing back yet.

Has anyone here claimed back vat from them?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

After you place your order send them an email asking them for the ex-vat price. Quote your vat number etc.

When they reply and say they have approved your 0 rating you can just send them to ex-vat amount.

Have ordered ex-vat off hwvs several times now. Yes is annoying to have to do this every time, they seem unable to mark my account as a business one.

Note you can file an EVR form to reclaim vat from eu countries if you have already coughed up, but must be done promptly (expires after 12 months).

On a related note: amazon.co.uk now let you enter your VAT number - VERY HANDY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

srsly78 wrote: »
    After you place your order send them an email asking them for the ex-vat price. Quote your vat number etc.

When they reply and say they have approved your 0 rating you can just send them to ex-vat amount.

Have ordered ex-vat off hwvs several times now. Yes is annoying to have to do this every time, they seem unable to mark my account as a business one.

Note you can file an EVR form to reclaim vat from eu countries if you have already coughed up, but must be done promptly (expires after 12 months).

On a related note: amazon.co.uk now let you enter your VAT number - VERY HANDY.

Where? I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

marco2068 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm a vat registered buisness from ireland. Looking to build a work/gaming pc. Thinking of getting most of my stuff from http://www.hardwareversand.de/ Has anyone got vat back off them?

I presume they have to 0 rate it for export or give an irish vat receipt. Sent them an email yesterday but nothing back yet.

Has anyone here claimed back vat from them?

Thanks guys
    Ring hardwareversand directly after you place your order, tell them you want to buy excluding vat & quote your VAT number. They'll then give you your new amount that you must pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

Ring hardwareversand directly after you place your order, tell them you want to buy excluding vat & quote your VAT number. They'll then give you your new amount that you must pay them.

You must then charge yourself vat at 21% on the purchase in your output vat then reclaim the vat at 21% in the input vat..
    It balances out ( note based on last years vat system I'd check with revenue for this years)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I know of 2 german computer stores which accept your vat no. at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭marco2068

spix wrote: »
    I know of 2 german computer stores which accept your vat no. at checkout.

would the prices be similar?

and are they good sites to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

marco2068 wrote: »
    would the prices be similar?

and are they good sites to deal with?

Prices depends on the item, they have cheaper delivery costs than hardwareversand though.

www.computeruniverse.net
    www.reichelt.de

Both are popular sites, and from my experience reichelt are much better at responding to emails than hardwareversand .

Advertisement