Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank fraud

Options
  • 22-11-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Was wondering if anyone had any advice..

recently my account had a unauthorised transaction of £420 to post office insurance. I was well stunned when I initially saw it and contacted the bank who refunded it.

Two weeks later the bank took the money and said because it was done online with my details they can not refund it. I told them cleary that it was not me but they said it doesn't matter.

I asked to appeal it and they said I couldn't...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Write a formal letter of complaint to them. If you are 1000% sure that you did not give any authorisation to Post Office Insurance, or any other incarnation of them (ie any other AVIVA company as some AVIVA customers are now served by An Post), mention in your letter that you have reported the matter to An Garda Siochana and DO report it as theft/fraud. The Bank must respond to complaints within defined periods. Check the website and if no reply is received within that period, report to Financial Services Ombudsman

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

OP: this is an Irish based site. You'll probably get much better advice on how to deal with the situation on a UK based site such as moneysavingexpert.com etc.

As such I'll close this off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement