Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband compaint

Options
  • 22-11-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I ordered broadband with you online in early October. During the online ordering process, I opted to pay you by direct debit and duly filled in my back details. My broadband service was provided shortly afterwards and I had been using it ever since.

On Tuesday evening this week (20th November, 2012), I received a letter from you warning me that there was an outstanding balance on my account and that if I did not pay it asap, services would be suspended. I was very confused by this as I had assumed I was paying you via direct debit. I rang your 1901 number and spoke to someone there who informed me that it can take up to 30 days for direct debits to be setup. If this is the case you need to tell people this when they are ordering services.

I went online immediately on that same day and paid the outstanding balance with a laser card. I thought all was well. Last night (21st November, 2012) my broadband stopped working. Today I went into town and actually bought a new modem router cos I thought the fault must lie with my current device. After trying the new router out this evening, still nothing worked. I was unsure if it was a technical fault or a billing issue.

This evening I rang your 1901 number again. There I was informed that there may be a billing issue and that I should ring credit control on 1800203201. I rang them around 4:40pm. I was on hold for a good 40 – 50 minutes waiting to get through to an agent. Then all of a sudden the voice recording stated “we are unable to handle your call for unforeseen reasons” and the call was terminated. Turns out your credit control number closes at 5:30pm. I was on hold waiting to get through for all that time and then just cut off. I am so angry now!

Can you please now treat this as a formal complaint.

Your service has been awful. You disconnected me without fair warning for no valid reason. I had setup my account as direct debit but you did not make it clear that direct debits can take a while. I have gone to the trouble and cost of purchasing a new modem router . Then when I try and speak to you, the call experience I outline above was the last straw. I’ve been badly treated. Please re-instate my broadband asap! That’s the first priority. Then please escalate this as a formal complaint and let me know the process and progress.

I have pm'd you my account number with a link to the post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

dnme wrote: »
    I ordered broadband with you online in early October. During the online ordering process, I opted to pay you by direct debit and duly filled in my back details. My broadband service was provided shortly afterwards and I had been using it ever since.

On Tuesday evening this week (20th November, 2012), I received a letter from you warning me that there was an outstanding balance on my account and that if I did not pay it asap, services would be suspended. I was very confused by this as I had assumed I was paying you via direct debit. I rang your 1901 number and spoke to someone there who informed me that it can take up to 30 days for direct debits to be setup. If this is the case you need to tell people this when they are ordering services.

I went online immediately on that same day and paid the outstanding balance with a laser card. I thought all was well. Last night (21st November, 2012) my broadband stopped working. Today I went into town and actually bought a new modem router cos I thought the fault must lie with my current device. After trying the new router out this evening, still nothing worked. I was unsure if it was a technical fault or a billing issue.

This evening I rang your 1901 number again. There I was informed that there may be a billing issue and that I should ring credit control on 1800203201. I rang them around 4:40pm. I was on hold for a good 40 – 50 minutes waiting to get through to an agent. Then all of a sudden the voice recording stated “we are unable to handle your call for unforeseen reasons” and the call was terminated. Turns out your credit control number closes at 5:30pm. I was on hold waiting to get through for all that time and then just cut off. I am so angry now!

Can you please now treat this as a formal complaint.

Your service has been awful. You disconnected me without fair warning for no valid reason. I had setup my account as direct debit but you did not make it clear that direct debits can take a while. I have gone to the trouble and cost of purchasing a new modem router . Then when I try and speak to you, the call experience I outline above was the last straw. I’ve been badly treated. Please re-instate my broadband asap! That’s the first priority. Then please escalate this as a formal complaint and let me know the process and progress.

I have pm'd you my account number with a link to the post.

Hi dnme
    I have your details and will chase credit and disconnect issue immediately. You obviously should have been informed of the direct debit details, which would have avoided all of this. My apologies this was not made clear to you and that you were unable to get through to correct department last night.
    I have passed this case on as requested and you should receive a call from our customer care section.
    I will be back with update this morning.
    Tony

Hi dnme

I have spoken with the Credit team and have been advised that your Broadband connection has been re activated. Attention has been drawn to the process where you were left without service, through no fault of your own.

My apologies for the frustration caused and let me know if any further issue, or any way we can help you.

Regards

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Thanks for the reply Tony.
    After speaking to Credit Control myself, I have now written a complaint to Joe Lenihan.

Regards

dnme

Thanks for the reply Tony.
    After speaking to Credit Control myself, I have now written a complaint to Joe.

Regards

dnme

Ok dnme
    I have escalated this with complaints as you requested also. I am sure all will be resolved, but sorry you had to go to such rounds.
    Tony

Ok dnme
    I have escalated this with complaints as you requested also. I am sure all will be resolved, but sorry you had to go to such rounds.
    Tony

Hello Tony,

As of this evening (13/12/2012), I have had no acknowledgement nor reply to this complaint. Considering how long ago I sent it, and considering the fact that you said you would chase it up, I find the lack of response almost contemptuous.

How do I now go about escalating this further and higher ? Can you please give me a name and email address for someone above Lenihan!

Sincerely

dnme

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello Tony,

As of this evening (13/12/2012), I have had no acknowledgement nor reply to this complaint. Considering how long ago I sent it, and considering the fact that you said you would chase it up, I find the lack of response almost contemptuous.

How do I now go about escalating this further and higher ? Can you please give me a name and email address for someone above Lenihan!

Sincerely

dnme

Hi dnme,

Can you PM me with the best contact number and time to give you a call this afternoon?

Thanks, Mark

Hi dnme,

Can you PM me with the best contact number and time to give you a call this afternoon?

Thanks, Mark

I'm dealing with a busy schedule at the moment and a family illness so I'd prefer to handle this in writing. Can you deal with my previous post?

Thank you!

I'm dealing with a busy schedule at the moment and a family illness so I'd prefer to handle this in writing. Can you deal with my previous post?

Thank you!

Hi Dmne,

The complaint that was logged on the 23/11/12 was escalated to mangers investigating both the direct debit and barring issues you raised on the complaint.

The manager that was dealing with the complaint advised that they made numerous efforts to contact you both on the land line and mobile phone number added to the complaint. However was unable to do so.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Dmne,

The complaint that was logged on the 23/11/12 was escalated to mangers investigating both the direct debit and barring issues you raised on the complaint.

The manager that was dealing with the complaint advised that they made numerous efforts to contact you both on the land line and mobile phone number added to the complaint. However was unable to do so.

Thanks, Mark

Firstly
    I do not use the landline for anything other than broadband. I don't even own a phone unit. Secondly, no calls whatsoever were made to my mobile number. It's an O2 mobile so I wonder how do they have the number? What number are you folks using and where did you get it from ?

Thirdly....and this is the sticker. When someone takes the time to write a fairly lengthy and considered email to a reasonably senior person in Eircom as a customer complaint, sure...SURELY they might at the very least reply in that same medium, even an auto reply to state that the correspondence has been received and that someone will get back to me?

I complained in writing and I'd like it dealt with in writing.
    I need you to understand I'm really getting angry here now!

Firstly
    I do not use the landline for anything other than broadband. I don't even own a phone unit. Secondly, no calls whatsoever were made to my mobile number. It's an O2 mobile so I wonder how do they have the number? What number are you folks using and where did you get it from ?

Thirdly....and this is the sticker. When someone takes the time to write a fairly lengthy and considered email to a reasonably senior person in Eircom as a customer complaint, sure...SURELY they might at the very least reply in that same medium, even an auto reply to state that the correspondence has been received and that someone will get back to me?

I complained in writing and I'd like it dealt with in writing.
    I need you to understand I'm really getting angry here now!

Hi Dnme,

I understand that you would prefer a response in writing. However some issues complaints are a lot easier and faster when resolved over the phone. Rather than going back and forth. If you could advise me of a time next week where you can spare 10-15 minutes and PM a mobile contact number to resolve your issue?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Dnme,

I understand that you would prefer a response in writing. However some issues complaints are a lot easier and faster when resolved over the phone. Rather than going back and forth. If you could advise me of a time next week where you can spare 10-15 minutes and PM a mobile contact number to resolve your issue?

Thanks, Mark

I'd really prefer not! I took the time to write this complaint and I sent it to a particular person. I'd like the response in writing please. At this stage I'm also keen to keep a record of the correspondence so I am hereby asking for a "written" response to match the original complaint. Also could you please answer these questions (most of which I raised earlier but remain unanswered as of yet).

1. Why did the person I wrote to, not reply to me?
    2. Why did I receive no acknowledgement of receipt of my complaint?
    3. Who tried to phone me and where did they get my number from ?
    4. What numbers did they use?

I'd really prefer not! I took the time to write this complaint and I sent it to a particular person. I'd like the response in writing please. At this stage I'm also keen to keep a record of the correspondence so I am hereby asking for a "written" response to match the original complaint. Also could you please answer these questions (most of which I raised earlier but remain unanswered as of yet).

1. Why did the person I wrote to, not reply to me?
    2. Why did I receive no acknowledgement of receipt of my complaint?
    3. Who tried to phone me and where did they get my number from ?
    4. What numbers did they use?

Hi dnme
    I have requested communication on points 1. and 2. and will be back to you as soon as I can.
    I have PM'd you response to remaining points.
    Tony

Hi Tony.

I have had no response yet to this complaint. Also, unable to private message you. Your inbox may be full.

Regards

Hi Tony.

I have had no response yet to this complaint. Also, unable to private message you. Your inbox may be full.

Regards

Hi dnme,

Apologies, Tony is on annual leave. So he has switched off his Private messages for the duration.

I am following this up for you on his behalf.

As you stated you sent the e-mail " fairly lengthy and considered email to a reasonably senior person in Eircom as a customer complaint"

Do you have a copy of the e-mail and can you confirm the e-mail address and date and time on the sent e-mail please?

Thanks, Mark

Hello Mark,

I have sent you a pm.

Regards

d

Hello Mark,

I have sent you a pm.

Regards

d

Hi,

Sorry about the wait, got the DM thanks. I will look into it and get back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Tony.

Regards

Hi dnme,

Just following up, the eircom complaints department. They are issuing a letter which you should receive in about a week.

Thanks, Mark

Hi dnme,

Just following up, the eircom complaints department. They are issuing a letter which you should receive in about a week.

Thanks, Mark

Mark

I have still received nothing. And I have now raised a new complaint about very slow broadband speeds over on the Eircom website - http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/My-7Mb-broadband-is-too-slow-averaging-around-1-2Mb/td-p/25518

How can it be that a  complaint can go unanswered, heck even unacknowledged for so long ??  Especially when the customer puts in so much effort to solicit a response?  Wouldn't you call that contemptible customer service?

I've yet to receive an acknowledgement for a complaint I "wrote" to Eircom 2 months ago.  That is scandalous.  What is happening here ??

Mark

I have still received nothing. And I have now raised a new complaint about very slow broadband speeds over on the Eircom website - http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/My-7Mb-broadband-is-too-slow-averaging-around-1-2Mb/td-p/25518

How can it be that a  complaint can go unanswered, heck even unacknowledged for so long ??  Especially when the customer puts in so much effort to solicit a response?  Wouldn't you call that contemptible customer service?

I've yet to receive an acknowledgement for a complaint I "wrote" to Eircom 2 months ago.  That is scandalous.  What is happening here ??

Hi Dnme,

I spoke to our complaints department confirmed that the letter was sent on the Thursday 10/01/13.

It should have been received? I can re-issue the letter if you can PM me to confirm your exact address to insure it matches what we have on file.

Again I apologise for the delay in an official response via letter, however both myself and tony confirmed the complaint was logged. However I will insure to re-issue the letter.

In relation to your broadband speed issue. I am not sure if you have had a chance to see my reply on the eircom forum.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement