Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Icke

Options
  • 22-11-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

David Icke.. not too high up on him , but quick Q, crazy, making money from what he says, or partial truth in his books or what he says...
    Hmm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Hmmmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

in all fairness to him, i think he genuinely believes what he says and as a result has managed to make a nice living from it. Personally - and no offense to him - I think he suffered a breakdown and this is the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

maccored wrote: »
    in all fairness to him, i think he genuinely believes what he says and as a result has managed to make a nice living from it. Personally - and no offense to him - I think he suffered a breakdown and this is the result.

If this is the case I look forward to suffering a break down tomorrow, warped mind or not fully included with society?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

In fairness to the fella, a lot of his economic stuff is fairly well researched and well presented. We, the public, are definitely being manipulated and played as fools but we didn't really need Icke to point that one out to us

His reptillian stuff on the other hand, is a bit too much for me. I'll leave it at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

He thought he was the Messiah for a while years ago, so the thing about lizards is not that ridiculous a thing to spout in that context!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

In fairness to the fella, a lot of his economic stuff is fairly well researched and well presented. We, the public, are definitely being manipulated and played as fools but we didn't really need Icke to point that one out to us

His reptillian stuff on the other hand, is a bit too much for me. I'll leave it at that!

Agreed, he makes a lot of sense up to a point, he's usually very thought provoking when it comes to politics, economics etc...but it gets a bit much with the Illuminati & hologram stuff etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

If this is the case I look forward to suffering a break down tomorrow, warped mind or not fully included with society?

well he did apparently. In 1989 he had a time of 'dispair' and it was after this that a psychic told him he was a healer. then it was no more green party for him, and reptilians instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Porkchop McGee

He was never great in nets for Coventry either.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭todolist

His website is very interesting.Well worth a visit and you'll get even more out of it if you go there with an open mind.I don't know if he talks nonsense but I'm convinced he believes in what he says.He's good for an alternative view of the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

watched a few of his lectures on youtube, and yeah he's very down to earth and yet, a complete space cadet.

At times he makes strong rational points with oodles of logic, which make a lot of sense, and then he talks about reptilians without any proof to back anything up. That shock factor and controversy is probably why he sells as much as he does. There's a good lecture he did in Oxford uni ye can watch here on youtube

Advertisement