Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED color on bell box

Options
  • 22-11-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi , in my bell box is red color led's, all houses around me have bell boxes with blue led's , is Ireland and UK have rules about that ? only blue led's allow in Ireland ?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There's re , there's blue, there's green there's orange & some bells have a combination of the above. There no rules on what colours you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Alone3000 wrote: »
    Hi , in my bell box is red color led's, all houses around me have bell boxes with blue led's , is Ireland and UK have rules about that ? only blue led's allow in Ireland ?
    Thanks.

Any colour can be used.
    Different bell boxes have different colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I've seen white, red , green , yellow . Haven't seen blue yet :-)
    Most of them are probably new alarms
    I'd associate red LEDs with fire and white / blue for burglary but that's just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Here's my bells
    Red and white

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Most LEDs on boxes are white. It's the colour of the back plate that shows them as different colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Most LEDs on boxes are white. It's the colour of the back plate that shows them as different colours.

QFA

Advertisement