Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs fan's head

• 22-11-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Graphic head injury

Jaysus:eek::(

WARNING EXPLICIT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Care to elaborate? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

A bit of warning wouldn't go amiss there fella.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Lazio ultras at it again???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

A warning would have been nice FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Looks like he has a huge scar beside the cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

F**k sake, why would you post that without saying what exactly it is?

Second time today I've said ''WHY DID I CLICK THAT!!?''The first being that reddit post about the guy with the pimple infection who has a massive hole in his neck.

(Don't look for it, I almost puked)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Jesus, dinner will have to wait a while.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Context would be nice.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

When I saw "explicit" I was expecting a swear word tattooed or something, I massive slashed head wasn't what I was expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Don't have anymore info lads this was passed onto me as a spurs fan who was stabbed today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Jesus H Christ. Lazio Ultras up to their old tricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nothing will be done, nothing will change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was at the Lazio v Roma game in March 2008 and have say fans are off the freaking wall so they are.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't have anymore info lads this was passed onto me as a spurs fan who was stabbed today.

So for all we know it would just be any old guy with a head wound?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

OH DEAR GOD!!!!

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

A bit of warning wouldn't go amiss there fella.

:o

Ya big softie ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

DazMarz wrote: »
    Lazio ultras at it again???

Roma ultras, actually.
    It was first claimed that Lazio fans attacked a pub with Spurs fans in it, now it turns out that those arrested are Roma fans.

As far as I know that guy is an Aberdeen fan (some of them have a friendship with Spurs), horrific injury.
    Looks like an axe.

I got a paper cut in work today. Still stings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20444772
    Tottenham Hotspur fans injured in clashes in Rome

Italian police say that several English football fans were injured, one of them seriously, in fighting in Rome ahead of a Europa League match between Tottenham and Lazio.

About 30 people armed with iron bars went into the Drunken Ship bar in the Campo de' Fiori district where the English fans were drinking, and violence broke out.

Five people were arrested. Alan Johnston reports from Rome.

Grammatical errors in thread titles annoy me /grammar nazi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Head over to he NOPE thread if you think that's bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Thought it was a potato at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I read the thread title and couldn't even get any context from that....

"Spurs fans head"....head where I wondered? To the match? For jaysus sake OP.

About 30 people armed with iron bars went into the Drunken Ship bar in the Campo de' Fiori district where the English fans were drinking, and violence broke out.

What a brilliant line. That's the kind of thing UEFA might use to charge Spurs for their fans' behaviour.

Leiva wrote: »
    Head over to he NOPE thread if you think that's bad.

Oh hell no!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

What the hell did they hit him with. Some kinda curved sword ??

thomasm wrote: »
    What the hell did they hit him with. Some kinda curved sword ??

Something in the press about metal bars. Doesn't look like a clean slice of a wound tbh, very wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

More photos of the aftermath here (no gore)

Lazio ultras really are a fucking disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I was wondering why they had so many Palestine flags in the crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Lazio ultras really are a fucking disgrace.

They weren't actually the ones behind the attack, it was Roma Ultras who attacked them and two of them have been arrested for attempted murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I had a feeling that the link was going to be bad, having heard about the trouble earlier.

But that picture surpassed any of my expectations.

That's heavy s**t.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    F**k sake, why would you post that without saying what exactly it is?

Second time today I've said ''WHY DID I CLICK THAT!!?''The first being that reddit post about the guy with the pimple infection who has a massive hole in his neck.

(Don't look for it, I almost puked)

When you said not to I just had to...dear god..blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

From what I can gather on Gazzetta it was a combination of Roma and Lazio ultras who decided in their wisdom that they hate Jews so attacked a group of Spurs fans.

The real disgrace here is that this happened in Campo de Fiori, bang in the centre of Rome, and it took police 20 minutes to get on the scene.

I think at this point European games shouldn't be allowed in Rome (or for that matter Naples, and I support Napoli) because it is clear that visiting fans safety is nowhere near guaranteed. You could say that away fans shouldn't travel, but that gives these scumbags the sense of victory they are after.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

That's terrible, but the area that they were drinking in is notorious for it and is a magnet for ultras. I was in Rome for a United match a few years back and we were told to avoid the Campo Dei Fiori where that Drunken Ship pub is as it is a tourist area and ultras always attack there and at Flamino Metro station beside the Rugby ground on the way to Stadio Olimpico.

We did and we had no trouble anywhere else. Either they weren't informed by Tottenham when they were getting their tickets or they went there anyway.

In general it was a great trip and the people were very friendly but a section of their fans over there are thugs and something should be done about them. I wouldn't hold my breath as UEFA aren't interested, nor are the Italian Police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I really don't understand why anyone would go to certain away fixtures in Europe. Fair enough you want to support your team but at the high risk of it all kicking off? No thanks.

cournioni wrote: »
    That's terrible, but the area that they were drinking in is notorious for it and is a magnet for ultras. I was in Rome for a United match a few years back and we were told to avoid the Campo Dei Fiori where that Drunken Ship pub is as it is a tourist area and ultras always attack there and at Flamino Metro station beside the Rugby ground on the way to Stadio Olimpico.

We did and we had no trouble anywhere else. Either they weren't informed by Tottenham when they were getting their tickets or they went there anyway.

In general it was a great trip and the people were very friendly but a section of their fans over there are thugs and something should be done about them. I wouldn't hold my breath as UEFA aren't interested, nor are the Italian Police.

This is kind of my point from above, if the area is notorious, why aren't there more police there? I've been to Campo dei Fiori (not for a match) and it struck me as a kind of Temple Bar area. I'd like to think even that Gardai would have a heavy police presence in Temple Bar the night before a big match.

• Advertisement

carlop wrote: »
    This is kind of my point from above, if the area is notorious, why aren't there more police there? I've been to Campo dei Fiori (not for a match) and it struck me as a kind of Temple Bar area. I'd like to think even that Gardai would have a heavy police presence in Temple Bar the night before a big match.
    Sorry Carlo, I only saw your post after I posted my message. Totally agree, you would think the Italian police would know by now that it attracts these type of attacks, but to me they don't seem too interested in dealing with the Ultras, they had most of their attention on the United fans who were singing and boisterous at the time but by no means violent.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I really don't understand why anyone would go to certain away fixtures in Europe. Fair enough you want to support your team but at the high risk of it all kicking off? No thanks.

Yup, totally agree Xavi. I think this video will sum it up for you as a City fan...

Europe is a completely different kettle of fish to games in England, especially when the Police aren't interested in protecting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The guy telling the little kid to **** off :D

But to be fair, you'll find these things mostly in Spain, Italy, Greece,...

In the rest of Europe police tend to be rather ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yup, totally agree Xavi. I think this video will sum it up for you as a City fan...

Europe is a completely different kettle of fish to games in England, especially when the Police aren't interested in protecting you.

I did Copenhagen away a few years ago and, as far as I know, Denmark is a fairly conservative spot for football hooliganism yet it still all kicked off outside the game afterwards with glass bottle fights etc.

Some of it can be put down to the "Barmy Army, Engerland" brash attitude that comes with a lot of travelling supporters that rubs locals up the wrong way but at the same time, there's no excuse for attacking a pub full of football fans just because.

A combination of both is the reason I'd be reluctant to do another one.

The two things aren't quite the same though. The police in Spain are heavy-handed, power-mad dickheads but there is no way a group of ultras could march into the centre of Madrid and attack a load of fans like they did in Rome without police intervention for 20 minutes.

If it happened in Spain the Spanish police would probably have waded in, separated the Spurs fans from the ultras, and completely unjustifiably, given the odd Spurs fan the whack of a baton. But at least they would have been there on the scene.

One eyewitness account on Gazzetta actually says that there was one police car belonging to the local police (kind of a laughing stock in Italy) in the square that drove off when the attack started.

• Advertisement

I did Copenhagen away a few years ago and, as far as I know, Denmark is a fairly conservative spot for football hooliganism yet it still all kicked off outside the game afterwards with glass bottle fights etc.

Some of it can be put down to the "Barmy Army, Engerland" brash attitude that comes with a lot of travelling supporters that rubs locals up the wrong way but at the same time, there's no excuse for attacking a pub full of football fans just because.

Yeah I agree with that. There's always a minority of United fans that strut around like they own the place but I suppose you get that in every group of supporters. Agreed also that it doesn't excuse the violence against them either, especially when you look at the incidents in Rome with Middlesborough, United, Liverpool and Chelsea (?) fans and Leeds fans in Istanbul.

If you're going, you've got to be very careful.

The two things aren't quite the same though. The police in Spain are heavy-handed, power-mad dickheads but there is no way a group of ultras could march into the centre of Madrid and attack a load of fans like they did in Rome without police intervention for 20 minutes.

If it happened in Spain the Spanish police would probably have waded in, separated the Spurs fans from the ultras, and completely unjustifiably, given the odd Spurs fan the whack of a baton. But at least they would have been there on the scene.

One eyewitness account on Gazzetta actually says that there was one police car belonging to the local police (kind of a laughing stock in Italy) in the square that drove off when the attack started.
    Oh I agree, when it comes to supporters from Italy they will not do anything. However, they are very heavy handed towards foreign away supporters, as everyone witnessed at the Roma vs United game in 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I'd like to think even that Gardai would have a heavy police presence in Temple Bar the night before a big match.

:rolleyes:

The guards can barely deal with LoI games with 2-3,000 at a game.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The "Barmy England" attitude is their scarfers shyte.

There is plenty of violence at games involving the bigger sides in Scandanavia so when English sides visit, the local firms see it as their chance to "measure their worth" as firms did in other parts of Europe a decade or two ago.

The police in Denmark have a pretty bad rep and are just as likely to kick it off as the locals. There have been a lot of court cases against them, the biggest brought by Malmo fans who were attacked inside FCK's ground for no reason.

Advertisement