Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy a Marc Jacobs purse/clutch?

• 22-11-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

Picking one up for my girlfriend for Christmas but am at a loss as to where to buy. Would prefer to do it online because I'd imagine it'll be cheaper but have no idea where to do so as I'm wary of fakes. Brown Thomas is the only place offline I know off where I could go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You could try online vendors such as Net a Porter. You won't find Marc Jacobs in many places, as it is a premium brand.

American department stores, like Bloomingdales, will also sell Marc Jacobs, but you will probably get caught for VAT & duty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarah42012

TK MAXX have them in stock at times, you just have to root around but if you are looking for a specific purse then its not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Net-a-Porter's Outnet site will also always have some.

http://www.theoutnet.com/

Apart from BT, Harvey Nichols in Dundrum also sell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Remember there's two types of MJ - the higher end line Marc Jacobs and then his more affordable line Marc by Marc Jacobs. Online won't be that much cheaper - if ordering from the US, you'll be charged 40 % in duty, VAT, etc. Net a Porter will be same prices as Brown Thomas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I have bought Marc Jacobs from netaporter and Brown Thomas and to be honest the buying experience from netaporter was so much more enjoyable. The bags were each delivered in gorgeous boxes with lovely packing, delivered within 3 days, cheaper and I got a voucher for money off my next purchase, the voucher was quite substantial. I bought 2 Marc Jacobs bags in Brown Thomas and they may as well have been bags of crisps for all the effort the salesperson put into packing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 summer breezer

marc jacobs bags are more expensive on net a porter though than in brown thomas so bear that in mind!!

Advertisement