If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth receiver

Options
  • 22-11-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi I am in the process of a new build and am installing speakers into my two bathrooms to use with with the zone 2 of my Onkyo amps. I was wondering if it was possible to purchase a device that would receive the audio over Bluetooth that I could connect to one of the amps inputs to wirelessly stream the audio from my phone or iPad to the device which then uses the Onkyo to power the speakers. You can get me on twitter at @joeyineire as well thanks a mill !

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Joeyineire wrote: »
    Hi I am in the process of a new build and am installing speakers into my two bathrooms to use with with the zone 2 of my Onkyo amps. I was wondering if it was possible to purchase a device that would receive the audio over Bluetooth that I could connect to one of the amps inputs to wirelessly stream the audio from my phone or iPad to the device which then uses the Onkyo to power the speakers. You can get me on twitter at @joeyineire as well thanks a mill !

...Ask and ye shall recieve -

http://www.richersounds.com/product/ipod-iphone-speakers-docks/harman-kardon/bta10/harm-bta10

showimage.php?image=310334.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Harman Kardon BTA10 Bluetooth Receiver - £49.95

This is a really good quality piece of kit and available from stock today..

With the Harman Kardon BTA10 there's no need to dock your iPhone 5, or other smartphone. Simply connect by high quality Bluetooth and set your music free - no need for a costly Lightning Adaptor!

The Harman Kardon Bluetooth receiver is the ideal way of listening to music from your mobile phone, tablet (such as iPad) or other Bluetooth equipped device on your existing hi-fi. With a maximum range of around 10 metres, the BTA10 is designed to let you hold your device and select the track you want to listen to, without being tied by cables. As you'd expect from Harman Kardon, sound quality is above average. Supporting Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP, the BTA10 supports the highest quality and best sounding Bluetooth formats.

Connect into a dock, mini system or full blown hi-fi/AV system by a choice of 3.5mm or RCA phonos cables - both are supplied with the unit.

There is also the new Onkyo DSA5 which is an iphone dock with Airplay?? More expensive at £149.95 - but then it is a bespoke solution if you have an Onkyo receiver..

Thanks again for the query and drop us a line if you would like to grab one..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joeyineire

...Ask and ye shall recieve -

http://www.richersounds.com/product/ipod-iphone-speakers-docks/harman-kardon/bta10/harm-bta10

showimage.php?image=310334.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Harman Kardon BTA10 Bluetooth Receiver - £49.95

This is a really good quality piece of kit and available from stock today..

With the Harman Kardon BTA10 there's no need to dock your iPhone 5, or other smartphone. Simply connect by high quality Bluetooth and set your music free - no need for a costly Lightning Adaptor!

The Harman Kardon Bluetooth receiver is the ideal way of listening to music from your mobile phone, tablet (such as iPad) or other Bluetooth equipped device on your existing hi-fi. With a maximum range of around 10 metres, the BTA10 is designed to let you hold your device and select the track you want to listen to, without being tied by cables. As you'd expect from Harman Kardon, sound quality is above average. Supporting Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP, the BTA10 supports the highest quality and best sounding Bluetooth formats.

Connect into a dock, mini system or full blown hi-fi/AV system by a choice of 3.5mm or RCA phonos cables - both are supplied with the unit.

There is also the new Onkyo DSA5 which is an iphone dock with Airplay?? More expensive at £149.95 - but then it is a bespoke solution if you have an Onkyo receiver..

Thanks again for the query and drop us a line if you would like to grab one..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

That's perfect thanks a million ! Might have a wee look around the site for a few other bits ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joeyineire

Joeyineire wrote: »

That's perfect thanks a million ! Might have a wee look around the site for a few other bits ;)

Any recommendations for a soundbar ? I bought my folks a Samsung Hwe450 with Bluetooth subwoofer. They wouldn't notice if I robbed the sub off them as they always complain about how loud it is so would it be possible to get something to work with that? And also is there a version that would sit better with a 50 inch screen ?

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Joey.

Sorry, not sure if you are looking for one with another wireless sub woofer or if you are just looking for a straight bar ?

There is a larger version of the Samsung bar which is a Samsung HWE551 which is £289.95 and this is over a metre in width.

This has the wireless subwoofer but I personally would take a look at the TVEE26 from Boston.

This has a much better sound than the Samsung and it's slightly cheaper at £269.95. This is a wireless subbwofer that uses 2.4Ghz technology which produces a much better bass response to the wireless sub.

http://www.bostona.eu/en/loudspeakers_tvsound_tveemodel26.php

This is a great piece of kit and well worthy of the saving.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Hi , do you still have these in stock ? are they compatible with I pod Touch 4g ?
    Would you do 49 delivered to Dublin ?

Thanks
    John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Hi Lads

So, eight years on what do you recommend/offer to get set up like this. I’ve a 20 year old Technics 3 in 1 system which is still excellent. I want to be able to play sounds from my IPad on it.

Thanks

g

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Garbanzo,

thanks for the post -I'm unsure how much of the original post request is relevant - do you need ceiling speakers and a second zone or do you just need a Bluetooth receiver to allow you to stream from your iPad to your Technics?

If you just need to stream to your existing system then you can just add something like the Arcam RBlink:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200238-arcam-rblink-bluetooth-receiver-bluetooth-receiver.aspx

This will receive Bluetooth from your portable device, just plug it into an 'Aux' input on your Technics and it will play surprisingly decent quality sounds!

Keep us posted if there is anything else required and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for coming back to me. Yes, that looks to be the type of solution I’m looking for.
    Can I check how it is powered? Is there a battery in it or does it/can it get power via the Aux input?

I didn’t think you could get power from there but you guys probably know best.

Appreciate your time

g

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

garbanzo wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to me. Yes, that looks to be the type of solution I’m looking for.
    Can I check how it is powered? Is there a battery in it or does it/can it get power via the Aux input?

I didn’t think you could get power from there but you guys probably know best.

Appreciate your time

g
    Hi Garbanzo.

The rBlink is mains powered, so it needs connected into a plug socket.

Any questions please let us know.

Kenny.

Great, thanks Kenny. You can expect Mrs g to be in touch with you guys soon as this baby is coming down the chimney for me on 25th Dec.

Appreciate the prompt feedback and advice.

g

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Great, thanks Kenny. You can expect Mrs g to be in touch with you guys soon as this baby is coming down the chimney for me on 25th Dec.

Appreciate the prompt feedback and advice.

g
    Hi Grabanzo.

No problem at all.

Just get her to ask for myself when she is calling and I can get it sorted for her for you ;)

In the mean tie any further questions please let me know.

Kenny.

She did it online there earlier Kenny. Will be in touch after Christmas if I need any help. Thanks again lads. Great service

g

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

She did it online there earlier Kenny. Will be in touch after Christmas if I need any help. Thanks again lads. Great service

g
    Hey Garbanzo.

Thanks for the order :)

Drop me your name in a PM and I can babysit its dispatch.

Hi lads, happy new year.

Is there any sign of the Bluetooth receiver I had been looking for coming back into stock? I’m keen to make a purchase. Or if you can guide me elsewhere?
    Thanks

garbanzo

Hi lads, happy new year.

Is there any sign of the Bluetooth receiver I had been looking for coming back into stock? I’m keen to make a purchase. Or if you can guide me elsewhere?
    Thanks

garbanzo
    Hey Garbanzo.

I've checked and they still have not arrived in with us as of yet.

There is no ETA even showing.

I'll see if there is anything else I can do to get an ETA for these.

Hey Kenny

Any update for me?

garbanzo

Hey Kenny

Any update for me?

garbanzo
    Hi Garbanzo.

Still nothing I'm afraid.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.