Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night shaving is better for your face

Options
  • 22-11-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

The skin repairs itself at night when you sleepso night shaving is better for you

Recently I started to shave at night and I found I had less shaving spots and no irritation and I sleep better with a baby face :D

so when do you shave?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I shave in the moring and don't give myself shaving spots or irritation.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I tend to shave around midday, if I'm not busy during the day. Otherwise it's late evening.

Ended up with an awful rash after a dodgy second pass today, but I'm usually pretty happy with my shaves. Really need to get the hang of using my 38c properly. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If i shaved at night I would be very stubbly by lunch the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Senna wrote: »

If I shaved at night I would still need to do it again before work in the morning. As it is I shave for work in the morning and if I'm going out that night I have to shave again that evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If I shaved at night I would still need to do it again before work in the morning. As it is I shave for work in the morning and if I'm going out that night I have to shave again that evening.

What shaving gear are you using? I was like that with carts but using a DE razor with a sharp blade like a feather and a three pas shave I get away with shaving around midnight and still avoiding the scruffy look until the following evening.

• Advertisement

What shaving gear are you using? I was like that with carts but using a DE razor with a sharp blade like a feather and a three pas shave I get away with shaving around midnight and still avoiding the scruffy look until the following evening.

Hairy bastards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I tried using a DE razor for a few weeks but I gave up with it. I found it just took too long, have to keep stopping to unclog the razor and put it back together again. To me the results are little to no different to using a M3 or electric. I never look clean shaven regardless no matter what I use. So no point in spending all that time for the same thing.

Plus my skin in very sensitive and does not like blades anywhere near it at all. I never get razor burn but when the hair starts to grow back my face is in bits and feels like sand paper with a DE or cartridge. With an electric my skin feels baby soft most of the day and the regrowth does not hurt and feels far softer.

For me electrics are far better and give far better and longer lasting shaves. If I could I'd love to find the gene for facial hair and turn it off. Good thing I never joined the army or I'd be fecked for inspections.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I tried using a DE razor for a few weeks but I gave up with it. I found it just took too long, have to keep stopping to unclog the razor and put it back together again.
    Wow, I've never had that problem, and I'm a hairy bastard. Now that I have a beard, I shave once a week or so to keep it trimmed, and I still don't need to unclog the razor.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Hairy bastards ;)

You're sounding jealous that I've an excuse to sample more shaving gear :D

Captain Chaos, try an open comb DE razor. Less likely to clog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I tend to shave at night too, only part of the day where I have time to spare!
    I agree with the OP, in the morning the face is nice and smooth with zero spots/razor burn etc.
    In relation to an earlier '5 o'clock shadow' it depends on the gear you are using. If I use an Edwin Jagger I will get a shadow by 3pm, if I use a Progress on setting 3 or 4 I will not see a shadow until around 5 or 6. Both razors using the same blade, a Gillette Green.

• Advertisement

Your hair also grows slower when you're asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭teddyboy

Some good replies and it should be noted that shaving at night is recommended by the leading Trichologist. Men who have a beard the next morning should go for that look as its in your genes and accept who they are.

I shaved last night and I felt so good today. try it!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

teddyboy wrote: »
    Some good replies and it should be noted that shaving at night is recommended by the leading Trichologist. Men who have a beard the next morning should go for that look as its in your genes and accept who they are.

I shaved last night and I felt so good today. try it!!

What leading trichologist? As for "go for that look"... Nah, no thanks. I'll make up my own mind, if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The skin repairs itself at night when you sleepso night shaving is better for you

Recently I started to shave at night and I found I had less shaving spots and no irritation and I sleep better with a baby face :D

so when do you shave?
    Nice name;):p

I usually shave at night. Probably best to shave right after a hot shower around 10. I think 10 is when it's best to wash your face anyway. You knew your skin was so into the time of day/night.

What leading trichologist? As for "go for that look"... Nah, no thanks. I'll make up my own mind, if you don't mind.

why are you getting so defensive? Sounds like you have napoleon syndrome :rolleyes:

why are you getting so defensive? Sounds like you have napoleon syndrome :rolleyes:

His question on which trichologist still stands though. Any links to statements from said trichologist? I would actually like to read it.

Also Napoleon was of above average height for his time - so napoleon syndrome is a misnomer (lack of height is also irrelevant to his opinions) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

so when do you shave?
    Is this your own finding or is it proven?

Sounds like you're spoofing and trying to push some sort of an agenda, but doing it slowly so you don't get caught out too early. Just sayin'.

Also, 181 cm. Try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I shave at night because I have a general habit of touching my face and irritating it. My employers don't care if I shave or not, so a little shadow in the morning isn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I shave at night with a Gillette Blue II, and have a slight shadow in the morning, but I dont have the time in the morning to do it.

• Advertisement

I shave at night with a Gillette Blue II, and have a slight shadow in the morning, but I dont have the time in the morning to do it.

You shave with a gillete blue II:eek::eek::eek::eek: Please leave this forum and never return:mad:

I've seen it all:ma:confused:

You shave with a gillete blue II:eek::eek::eek::eek: Please leave this forum and never return:mad:

I've seen it all:ma:confused:

Yup, I do. Worlds finest:D
    Seen as it's cheap and I started at 14, I just got used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Seen as it's cheap and I started at 14, I just got used to it.

You can get drunk on Aldi Whisky and get used to it too. However, we'd recommend moving up ;)

MadsL wrote: »
    You can get drunk on Aldi Whisky and get used to it too. However, we'd recommend moving up ;)

Any recommendations? Something relatively cheap and comfortable.

Any recommendations? Something relatively cheap and comfortable.

Whiskey or Shaving? :D

Tough choice:confused:. Think I'll go for the shaving option ;)

You still here??? awakard:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I shave at night because I dislike getting out of bed early :)
    Senna wrote: »

So ? No problem there

€34.95 gets you started at shaving.ie - any of those starter razors are perfect
    http://www.shaving.ie/categories/Safety-Razors/Safety-Razor-Starter-Kits/

Admittedly that's 109 of your Blue IIs but you should see money payback and way better shaves after about three months. Plus think of the amount of plastic you will divert from landfill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

MOD WARNING:

Cut out the lame personal attacks or I'll have pull out the Ban-Hammer.
    Also I know "Trichology" is not a licensed medical profession but if you are going to queue one, please included their name and link to the paper if possible.

Advertisement