Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night shaving is better for your face

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Wow, I've never had that problem, and I'm a hairy bastard. Now that I have a beard, I shave once a week or so to keep it trimmed, and I still don't need to unclog the razor.

Only time that happened to me was when the lather was too thick and not whipped up enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

MadsL wrote: »
    €34.95 gets you started at shaving.ie - any of those starter razors are perfect
    http://www.shaving.ie/categories/Safety-Razors/Safety-Razor-Starter-Kits/

Admittedly that's 109 of your Blue IIs but you should see money payback and way better shaves after about three months. Plus think of the amount of plastic you will divert from landfill.

Honestly, at my age, spending that much on one razor is a bit . . . excessive. I know that there are people out there that use straight blades or DE razors, but for what I need it for, a Blue II does the job, I might go to a Mach 3 after christmas or so, but nothing too costly. I'm not here to offend anyone, but the more "real" razors, if that makes sense, are of no use to me.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I doubt any sensible person would take offence to that PBJ. If what you currently use works for you then why change?

I would even question if changing to a Mach 3 would be worth it over the Blue II. Price wise the Blue II would be cheaper and I wouldn't think performance would be that different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Honestly, at my age, spending that much on one razor is a bit . . . excessive. I know that there are people out there that use straight blades or DE razors, but for what I need it for, a Blue II does the job, I might go to a Mach 3 after christmas or so, but nothing too costly. I'm not here to offend anyone, but the more "real" razors, if that makes sense, are of no use to me.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Your choice, as hitemfrank says, and I respect that. I do find your logic odd though, buying that starter set means you are spending less on shaving rather than more. Mach 3s are ferociously expensive.
    Typical cost for twelve cartridges is £11.99 – (£11.99 divided by 12 weeks of shaving x 52 weeks a year = £51.96 for a year’s worth of Mach3 cartridges.)

http://www.shaving-shack.com/blog/double-edge-shaving-vs-mach-3/

So €64.46 for Mach 3 for a year verses a one off investment of €35 plus cents per shave. But as you say "nothing too costly".

At the end of the day up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭teddyboy

Your choice, as hitemfrank says, and I respect that. I do find your logic odd though, buying that starter set means you are spending less on shaving rather than more. Mach 3s are ferociously expensive.

http://www.shaving-shack.com/blog/double-edge-shaving-vs-mach-3/

So €64.46 for Mach 3 for a year verses a one off investment of €35 plus cents per shave. But as you say "nothing too costly".

At the end of the day up to you.

MOD EDIT : <>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I would even question if changing to a Mach 3 would be worth it over the Blue II. Price wise the Blue II would be cheaper and I wouldn't think performance would be that different.

Well I saw a set of Mach3 with 15 cartridges for €25 today. I never looked into the costs before, but you've kinda git me stuck in two minds now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I forgot about that deal they are doing right now. That's actually a pretty good deal considering the usual price of them as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

I read somewhere that after the initial outlay for a DE razor and blades,that the cost per shave works out at about 1-2 cent per shave-now compare that with the cost of mach 3 blades...
    Also, the ritual of shaving "old school" has a lot going for it..:cool:

Take a look at shaving.ie for ideas..
    daithi

Advertisement