Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aéropostale - 60% off EVERYTHING.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I ordered late Thursday night and it's out for delivery today. Shipping took roughly 2-3 days from the states with DHL.

Ordered Friday and still no status update. Booo!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Hopping The Border

Folks I order off Aeropostale fairly regularly, shipping is usually 10 - 14 days to NI and similar in ROI (have two delivery addresses).

You wont be able to track your order with DHL until its out of the warehouse, from memory that can take 3- 4 days.

Sizing is probably slightly larger than here, mostly M here but S in tops anyway although its a tight fit.

They run these promotions flat out so I wouldn't concern myself with rushing, the offers will return again though stock takes forever to be replaced.

Finally I have never once got free delivery, it always extends only to north america.

As for the VAT/excise, it seems to be cheaper to ship and pay to NI than ROI and consequently I have only ever shipped to ROI once where I paid duties.

Hope this clears everything up.

Should have pointed out it can occasionally take longer to start tracking your order, but it will come eventually, once that happens delivery is tracked all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

My order just arrived this evening (Sent by DHL). I went by the sizing chart so ordered medium hoodies and t-shirts. (I'm about 6' 2, light-build).
    I've tried on one of the hoodies and t-shirts and the fit is very good. I'd say the sizing chart guidelines were spot on for once: (i.e US Medium = UK/Ireland Large).
    Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

My order just arrived this evening (Sent by DHL). I went by the sizing chart so ordered medium hoodies and t-shirts. (I'm about 6' 2, light-build).
    I've tried on one of the hoodies and t-shirts and the fit is very good. I'd say the sizing chart guidelines were spot on for once: (i.e US Medium = UK/Ireland Large).
    Thanks OP.

Are you in Ireland? When did you order?

Edit: Just seen that you ordered Thursday night. That was bloody quick!

<suspicious>Or you're trolling us!</suspicious>

I'm in Cork. I was really surprised how quick it was - I didn't expect them till next week at the earliest.
    Aeropostale_Order.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

that was really quick!! I'm really jealous, but maybe that's because I went crazy and ordered 14 pieces vs your 4!!

I ordered 8 pieces. It was great value though. The little status window only shows 4 items at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I think I've ordered 12 things on Thursday so hopefully before Saturday but I never expected it in the first place!

Bloody hell mine is in the UK. Every chance that it will ship to Ireland tonight for delivery tomorrow.

Shipped yesterday about half 6 (pm).

DHL not messing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I ordered €150 worth of stuff (they charged my card) but then got an e-mail saying order cancelled as 3 of the things were out of stock.

When I check the order number it now says order shipped - but they have refunded my card? Have I gotten free clothes or is my bank just too slow?

I ordered €150 worth of stuff (they charged my card) but then got an e-mail saying order cancelled as 3 of the things were out of stock.

When I check the order number it now says order shipped - but they have refunded my card? Have I gotten free clothes or is my bank just too slow?

Did you get refunded the full amount or just the price of the 3 items?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Full amount

Full amount

Be interesting to see what comes so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

€250 woth of stuff, prepaid the tax too bringing it to over €300
    Paid via Paypal and it's still pending, no shipping information either....

hmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

Mine arrived in Dublin this morning.Now showing clearance delay on my shipping information.I've prepaid the tax.Any ideas what this means?

Ordered Friday, came this morning.
    That's serious quick, DHL. Fair dues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

humm looks like a 4-5 day turn around then?

• Advertisement

Clearly things have speeded up since my last order!

One thing I would point out on the t-shirts - if you are looking for shirts that will stay in shape for a while, especially around the neck, these are not the ones as they will start to lose shape after a few washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Ordered 150 euro worth of stuff on Sunday via Paypal and its still pending. Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,471 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I got two initial emails on Friday.....nothing since then (paid taxes etc)...all under 150 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,471 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Oh will do thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

+ 1 to the above got two emails nothing else but my order status is ' sent to inte' which hopefully means it will be shipped soon.

Not bad going though I wasn't expecting them this side of Xmas tbh with it being sales n post going slower!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭jones

I just ordered some stuff there came to 140 after discounts, I prepaid taxes so I've no surprises.
    Hopefully get them before Christmas I'll be happy. Seems all legit. Has anyone any comments on quality? Aeropostale is usually high quality

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

I have been buying clothing every 4/5 months from the states and i baught clothing from a different retailer and i got them to ship the clothing to my sister in the states. now i have noticed that this time it takes roughly 4 days to have the items processed and sent to the delivery company.this lateness i believe is due to last friday been Black Friday over there (Bussiest shopping day of the year) and monday been cybermonday (Another great day for buying clothing online) so there is more than likely a backlog of orders at the MO. just be a little patient im sure they will get released.

I would have expected the order to take about 2 weeks to arrive. I guess im lucky. Especially being a black Friday sale. I haven't had a chance to even open the box yet, but I'll report back on size and quality later when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ordered 2 hoodies, a long sleeve shirt and 3 t-shirts. Order added up to €101 but I got a €20 discount using the code NOV25. Add on to that the €15 shipping fee and €18 VAT so it all added up to just over €114. Now the waiting game begins :)

Advertisement