Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games on Amazon.com with irish credit card.

• 22-11-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed some people talking about buying games on amazon.com and giving a fake american billing address so the site will allow them to purchase with an irish card and avail of the cheap prices. Is this legal?

Also I want to be sure any game I buy can be redeemed through steam, is it just a matter of checking if its for sale on steam and if it is then im good to go?

I'm sorely tempted by Dishonored which is $25 (about €20) on amazon.com, thats cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've noticed some people talking about buying games on amazon.com and giving a fake american billing address so the site will allow them to purchase with an irish card and avail of the cheap prices. Is this legal?

Also I want to be sure any game I buy can be redeemed through steam, is it just a matter of checking if its for sale on steam and if it is then im good to go?

I'm sorely tempted by Dishonored which is $25 (about €20) on amazon.com, thats cheap.

I've bought tonnes of games from Amazon and never had an issue.
    It's not illegal by any means but might break some terms of agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure there's plenty of stuff on Amazon.co.uk that they tell us to buy from amazon.com so no difference. :)

Are you sure Dishonored's there? I took a quick look and just saw the physical format, no download

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Read the required details of the item in amazon, just because its also on steam, doesn't mean the key from amazon is valid for steam. You'll need to make sure it states steam is required to activate. This is the same on other websites that sell downloads, like green man gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Works fine, got need for speed for 20 dollars using my sisters address and my wifes credit card.

Just to add shockingly easy to do that :eek:

Advertisement