Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any fans of fans?

Options
  • 22-11-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've got a new home-built PC and loving it, but I'm a bit confused about the myriad of options that have now been opened to me. I'm not even thinking about overclocking yet, but when I open axtu (ASRock Tuning Utility) it's all double dutch to me. I tried messing around with the fan settings a little, but I'm not sure it made any difference (or made things worse) and don't even get me started on IES and XFast RAM.

I feel like someone who shouldn't touch anything here lest I cause flames to appear in my nice new PC, but on the other hand, I feel like I should know this stuff to get the most of my nice new PC.

Is there a duffers guide to CPU Power Phases and VTT Voltage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Well if you have the standard Intel cooler, its a 4 pin fan which means it can adjust its speed in relation to the temps, you can change it in the BIOS to ramp up more aggressiveness or to stay quieter. Power phases only really need to be adjusted if your overclocking, to make sure your getting the maximum amount of power to the CPU, likewise with VTT voltage, its only something that's dialed in after you get your base overclock. Best thing to do is just Google your board (followed by overclock template) and go from there.

(BTW, Fast Ram is just asrocks name for XMS profiles AFAIK, dont worry about it)

Advertisement