Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 day week

Options
  • 22-11-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Looking for some information if anyone can help please.

This is the third winter in a row i have been placed on a 4 day week usually for about 4 months . I have been more than helpful over the last few years with pay-cuts etc. but feel this time i am getting the piss taking out of . I have been working the company for 12 years and in a meeting during the summer abut low staff morale i brought up the issue about been put on a 4 day week every winter and was told by management the company has 'turned a corner' the 'results are great' and this wouldnt happen . I am going to be told tomorrow as off next week i am back on a 4 day week. I also know in January a significant part of my job about 70% is been moved to England (cost-cutting) but still been sold/produced by the company and i will never see a 5 day week again . Would i be in a position to claiom for redundancy here or is a case of tough **** and be glad of 4 days work > I just see it as a glorified 20% pay cut on top of about a 25 % one i have already suffered and just want out of there now.
    Any advice or any one who has been in a similar situation would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

WRENALDO wrote: »
    Looking for some information if anyone can help please.

This is the third winter in a row i have been placed on a 4 day week usually for about 4 months . I have been more than helpful over the last few years with pay-cuts etc. but feel this time i am getting the piss taking out of . I have been working the company for 12 years and in a meeting during the summer abut low staff morale i brought up the issue about been put on a 4 day week every winter and was told by management the company has 'turned a corner' the 'results are great' and this wouldnt happen . I am going to be told tomorrow as off next week i am back on a 4 day week. I also know in January a significant part of my job about 70% is been moved to England (cost-cutting) but still been sold/produced by the company and i will never see a 5 day week again . Would i be in a position to claiom for redundancy here or is a case of tough **** and be glad of 4 days work > I just see it as a glorified 20% pay cut on top of about a 25 % one i have already suffered and just want out of there now.
    Any advice or any one who has been in a similar situation would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

So you're doing 30% of the work for 55% of the money 4 days a week. Sounds great to me. Grab a week end job.

Alternatively contact a Solicitor or FLAC for some advice on whether you can force the issue of redundancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭weisses

Advertisement