Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy payment.

Options
  • 22-11-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi im a newbie here, have searched this question but couldnt find anything. The company i worked for went into liquidation and liquidator sent out forms for redundancy and all filled out succesfully, i got a letter from revenue saying i will be payed x amount to my bank account but the figure does not include my 4 weeks notice im owed or holidays owed, i filled this out in forms from liquidator at same time as redundancy forms. and i was wondering will i get this payment from another government agency or should it of been included in my redundancy payment from revenue. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Same situation here, waiting for redundancy payment, but i do know your notice pay and back pay will be separate from your redundancy money,was told the notice/back pay will take longer. i was just going to ask you how long have you been waiting, when the post man just posted a letter from revenue, it will be paid in to my bank account (redundancy), so hope its in before xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 paddy138

That's great. Company closed in august got revenue letter on Monday and got money in account today,friday. Was quick enough process

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's a quick turnaround for the actual statutory payment as it is not taxable.

Any additional redundancy or other pay is, so it can take up to 4-6 weeks.

Don't forget to fill out the PRSI/USC refund charge if you're not working by end of year, and if paying tax at higher rate top slide tax relief as well.

Advertisement