Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I used to get paid at midnight

Options
  • 23-11-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

A while back i used to get my work pay into my account at midnight on thursdays but this hasnt happened for months now, is this due to a change in the bank update times or is it my work that have changed the payment times?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Video,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Payment files, for crediting electronic transfers into customers' accounts, are run overnight. The files can vary in size and so larger files do take longer to run. This may effect the time a payment is credited, providing your employer has not changed anything from their side, your salary should always be credited on the date it is due.

Hope this helps clarify it for you, but if we can help further please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

hi there wondering if someone can answer me: My wages will be due in on the 1st Feb and rent is due out the same date. Will the rent come out of wages from that day or would I have to have rent in before that? hope that makes sense! thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi snowgal,

Thanks for your query. The answer would depend on which comes through to your account first. If your wages come in first, the direct debit or standing order for your rent payment should go out with no issues. If the direct debit or standing order is presented first and there aren't sufficient funds in the account at the time, this could result in the rent payment not going out of the account on time.

To be 100% sure that the rent payment is made on the 1st of February, you would need to make sure there were enough funds in the account to cover the rent payment just in case.

If this is a situation that occurs regularly, you may be able to reach an agreement with your landlord to move the day that your rent payment leaves your account to prevent this from happening again.

Apologies that I could not give you a more definite answer. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement