Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much will my electricity/gas bill be?

Options
  • 23-11-2012 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi, just about to complete the sale on my first home, its a small 3 bed semi in limerick, living on my own & intending to rent out a room, the previous owner was an electric Ireland customer. they have provided me with electricity & gas account numbers, i am due to take a meter reading tomorrow, just wondering how much is the average bill for a 3 bed semi? will it be cheaper if i submit my own meter readings regularly? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi RandomPunter82,

Congratulations on purchasing your first home. :) The average consumption for a residential property is approx. 5,300 kWhs per year, or between 14 and 15 units per day. This, in practice, would result in average bills of about €200.* Your personal usage could vary significantly from this however, so you should only take this as a very general guideline.

To stay on top of your usage from the get go, I would recommend you have a look at the resources we have on our website, in particular the following section:

How Do I Reduce My Bill?
    will it be cheaper if i submit my own meter readings regularly?

Submitting your own readings is always a good idea (see here for the various ways you can do this), but it won't necessarily lower your bill. It will just ensure bills are fully accurate when they do issue. ESB Networks plan to read your meter 4 times a year, so in a 12-month period, you can expect 2 estimations.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

*Worked out using our current standard rates for domestic customers on an urban 24hr tariff.

Advertisement