Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric Windows Issue

Options
  • 23-11-2012 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    Iv got a 2003 Renault Megane. I know that electrical problems are very common in renault cars. Three of my electric windows dont work at all. I had to get my local renault dealer to lock one of the back windows closed as it would spontanously open and close itself even when the car was locked!!! Apparently this is a renault fault ( something to do with water getting into the window regulator and corroding it? ) but they quoted me 500euro each to fix the windows which is ridiculous money to spend on a 2003 car! I am wondering if anyone knows of someone who might have an interest in car electrics and might have a way of fixing this problem for me? I dont mind if paying a few hundred to get the issue fixed but no where near 1500! Im based in Galway but would travel a bit if I thought I could get this sorted! Thanks!!

Comments

Advertisement