Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my very first tattoo!

Options
  • 23-11-2012 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

Got my very first tattoo today! Took one and a half hours to do, so happy with it.

I'm using Bepanthen as a healing aid, just wondering if anyone has any tips to help with a healthy healing process?

DSC00283.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

That's really cool. Fair play, you got it done in a sore place for your first tattoo! :D

As for the healing, just use Bepanthen a few times a day and you should be right after ten days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Congrats, I like that a lot really unique looking, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

When are you getting it finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Looks good.aloe vera is great for healing too.how much did ya pay for the tattoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

When are you getting it finished?

It's done! I don't want anything else done to it, I specifically asked for it to be all wispy like smoke and the only real detail on the eyes, ears and nose :D

• Advertisement

Super hoop wrote: »
    Looks good.aloe vera is great for healing too.how much did ya pay for the tattoo?

€100 - got a good deal from a great artist! Got quoted over €200 in other places!

€100 - got a good deal from a great artist! Got quoted over €200 in other places!
    Where is the artist based?

Where is the artist based?

Edenderry, she is on her own in there, amazing work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

€100 is a pretty good price for a piece that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's done! I don't want anything else done to it, I specifically asked for it to be all wispy like smoke and the only real detail on the eyes, ears and nose :D

It's got a beautiful flow to it. You're right to keep it that way I think!

• Advertisement

Edenderry, she is on her own in there, amazing work!
    Pity,Im in Dublin and am looking to get a piece done in a similar style.have had all my previous tattoos done in lanzarotte.amazing German girl did my tattoos.

€100 is a pretty good price for a piece that size.

She did me a deal because she did the Bfs chest piece which cost him the guts of 400/500 and still isn't finished :rolleyes:

Pity,Im in Dublin and am looking to get a piece done in a similar style.have had all my previous tattoos done in lanzarotte.amazing German girl did my tattoos.

I'm in maynooth and it was a 45 min drive for me to get there, was more than willing to travel though because I think her work is amazing!

It's got a beautiful flow to it. You're right to keep it that way I think!

Everyone keeps asking if im getting colour or more shading, I'm like nope it's finished! Artist agrees with me she says colour and more shading will ruin it, I 1000% agree with her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

EdenArt?

Everyone keeps asking if im getting colour or more shading, I'm like nope it's finished! Artist agrees with me she says colour and more shading will ruin it, I 1000% agree with her
    Can ya pm me a link to her site?
    None of my tattoos have colour.
    Yours looks fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

I also got my first tattoo in that spot, so painful but it was worth it :) Cool tattoo, bepanthan works wonders! And don't cover it too much... The worst part is the itching imo.

Melion wrote: »
    EdenArt?

Bang on the button! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It looks finished to me. Colour would take away from it for sure.

CuriousG wrote: »
    I also got my first tattoo in that spot, so painful but it was worth it :) Cool tattoo, bepanthan works wonders! And don't cover it too much... The worst part is the itching imo.

I'm not looking forward to the itching haha it's already starting to scab over haha, its disgusting looking at the moment! I was told to give it a nice slap wen it itches too much :D

• Advertisement

It looks finished to me. Colour would take away from it for sure.

Yea definitely not, the idea is its like smoke, smoke has no colour :pac:

Im familiar with her work and its not great, i do love your tattoo though.

Im familiar with her work and its not great, i do love your tattoo though.

Oh really? I love the stuff she has done!

Oh really? I love the stuff she has done!

Different strokes for different folks :D

Some of the stuff on her portfolio on FB is awful, IMO of course.

Different strokes for different folks :D

Some of the stuff on her portfolio on FB is awful, IMO of course.

Ah yea but every artist is like that though hahaha, I saw a lot worse during my travels to find a good artist :eek: some shockers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I love that, it's very unique, has a childlike drawing quality to it but a great artistic piece.

Sofaspud wrote: »
    I love that, it's very unique, has a childlike drawing quality to it but a great artistic piece.

I always wanted something different that was also 100% me, has a lot of significance to me and I'm so happy with it couldn't have gone better! I don't like the look for horse tattoos per se - full body, rearing, colour, etc, but at the same time I loved tribal and celtic type horse tattoos, but found them too blocky! I found a happy medium using a smoke and mist effect :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Nice tattoo. I think its great the way it is.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Altered Image in Maynooth put out some good work if youre ever looking for a place closer to home Jenny.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Altered Image in Maynooth put out some good work if youre ever looking for a place closer to home Jenny.

I never even thought of them to be honest! I'll be looking to get my next one in a few months :D

Advertisement