Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter fleece jacket for large dogs.

Options
  • 23-11-2012 6:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Don't laugh but i am looking for a puffer style fleecy jacket with chest piece for a WGSD girl. 26 inch back, 18 inch neck, 28 inch chest. Yes i have tried google and amazon and ebay etc etc. trouble is the really good stuff comes from USA or Canada and they charge around $40 just for postage making the average jacket 70-80 dollars.:eek:

Second problem is the ebay stuff is all chinese(big surprise) and every bloody one is too short on the back even the stuff thats supposed to be for lkarge dogs. Seems ebay considers a labrador a large dog when they ar only medium. I have tried at least six fairly good sites and mostly they are too short or postage is too expensive and i won't pay that.:rolleyes:

This is for my 4yr old girl that is starting to have hind quarter issues and i want to keep that area nice and warm in the cold weather and on our daily walks.Functional rather than airy fairy but still pink would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Is there anything suitable on equafleece.co.uk? Its lovely to see people like you prepared to give such good care to their mutts.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

:eek::eek::eek: Mutt???? Brianne cheeky git.:P

Sorry deadman, for your girl!!!

Saoirse is booked into Riverside vet clinic for Monday 10.30hrs for a consult and possible xray. Got xxl coat in there today meant for a GSD and it was way short.

You ll have to bring her along to a dressmaker and get one specially made!

• Advertisement

Looks like i will have to do that allright Brianne, i am thinking a horse blanket would make a good base to work from?:confused:

Have you seen togsfordogs.net and gillyrugs.com and theres others as well. If the local dressmaker wont oblige!! Twud be funny to appear at a dressmakers with your dog for a jacket amidst all her wedding dresses and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 S_Snail

Have you tried zooplus.ie, I've bought a few things off them and find them good quality and price. I don't think they have a huge range of jackets but they have a good range of sizes and shipping is free (I think).

I have found and ordered one from Amazon.co.uk in a 28 inch so hopefully it will fit nicely. Zooplus did not have any big enough and IMHO they are overpriced on their stuff anyway just going on what they charge for dog nuts. Have not tried the others Brianne but if this one from Amazon does not work i will try them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Masta-Deluxe-Dog-Coat-Pink/dp/B006O5YFFQ/ref=pd_ys_iyr_img

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Thanks to deadman 1972 for posting this. I have just ordered a 28" jacket for my 9yo GSD from Amazon through the link supplied.

• Advertisement

Just got email to say coat has been dispatched and will be here Thursday next:D

Advertisement