Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Teams; Past, Present, Future

Options
  • 23-11-2012 6:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

So I thought it'd be fun to compare old teams. Like teams we used when we first played a game, or ones we put together for tournaments.

Also, if anyone is breeding something in particular that they feel is super awesome, that too. Unless you're all secretive and junk.

My own first team consisted of Venusaur, Flareon, Hypno, Pidgeot, Fearow and Clefable. The only moveset I remember is Clefable's, who I named PHIC because I thought it was Psychic, and apparently was also an idiot. He had Mega Punch, Bubblebeam, Thunder Wave and Flash. Needless to say, I was not very good at Blue Version.

Anyone else got a story like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Gen 1: EARTHQUAKE EVERYTHING.

Dugtrio with Earthquake and Slash just swept everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

In Red my team was (iirc) Charizard, Tauros (took me long enough to catch him, so I was sure as hell gonna train him), Pidgeot, Hitmonlee, Kadabra and Raichu.
    I'm not certain of that cause I don't have Red any more, and though I have Blue now it's not really the same cause I got it last summer and I know more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Cant remember some of my old teams off hand, although i do try to have a different team each time i start a game. I got white a while back, and so far, no pokemon are on my team who were on my team in Black. Not sure why i do this, but i makes each game a little different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I'm breeding a load of new 'mon now, to keep the league fresh. Was SO proud when I thought of Toxic Boost Zangoose holding a Toxic Orb and using Facade. Apparently it was really obvious and people do it all the time. Ugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I've spent the last few days getting the Type Challenge Medals in Black 2. One of the most enjoyable things about is has been that I have been able to use many members of my teams from previous games.

For example, the Bug Type Challenge I used Beautifly who was on my Pokemon Emerald team, Vespiquen from Pokemon Pearl, Yanmega from Soul Silver, and Volcarona from Pokemon White in addition to the Scolipede from my current team. It's like I've been preparing for those Medals for the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pretty certain my first Hall of Fame team from Blue was:

Venusaur
    Raichu
    Flareon
    Alakazam
    Pidgeot
    Gyarados

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

My reliables were always Gravler or Golem, Kadabra or Alakazam, Gyarados, Pidgeot, Snorlax and the starter, which was usually Charizard, maybe Venusaur.

Last time I played, I think I went with Graveler, Haunter, Fearow, Victreebel, Kingler and Charizard. For what it's worth, Fearow sucks compared to Pidgeotto and Pidgeot.

No clue what I used in any of the other versions. Last Crystal play I think I had Cyndaquil, Chickorita, Totodile, Gastly, a bird I can't remember, not Hoothoot and the sixth hadn't been filled yet. It was temporarily a Geodude as I was trying to get a Phanphy early on but couldn't find one. As you can tell, I didn't finish it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My red/blue/firered/leafgreen team always went the same way, charmander, pikachu, pidgey, vaporeon/filler.

In gold/silver crystal, it was just me and typhlosion <3
    in Ruby/sapphire/emerald, I tried going with blaziken alone, till I got flattened by Winona seven or eight times.
    And in diamond/pearl/platinum, it was chimchar/starly/shinx/magikarp/filler.

My favoruite hall of fame team though is from heartgold

Typhlosion
    Espeon
    Donphan
    Lapras
    Ampharos
    Snorlax.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I still have my gold game, but the battery inside went I think, so my data is gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    For what it's worth, Fearow sucks compared to Pidgeotto and Pidgeot.

Fearow has a higher Attack stat and a higher Speed stat. It also learns Drill Peck which is probably the best Flying move in Red/Blue, so no, Fearow does not suck compared to Pidgeotto and Pidgeot.

• Advertisement

Fearow has a higher Attack stat and a higher Speed stat. It also learns Drill Peck which is probably the best Flying move in Red/Blue, so no, Fearow does not suck compared to Pidgeotto and Pidgeot.

In my experience, it's a no contest. Pidgeotto always seemed to last longer as a hit and hope (for example, against a fire type and you have none left that are any use against them) and do more damage to them as well before fainting. He was more effective in general play too for me. I'd never go with Fearow again.

My Crystal team that I just won the Pokemon league with, and I think it's the weakest (level wise) that I've ever done it with:

Meganium @ 44
    Feraligatr @ 41
    Typhlosion @ 41
    Machoke @ 37
    Crobat @ 34
    Dragonair @ 31

I'm very surprised that they were good enough to win. I was expecting to be destroyed by Lance if I even made it that far.

Dont think those levels would cut it in the newer games.

Advertisement