Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Draft, Qualifying Round: Trippie v Yurt

• 23-11-2012 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

This will be one of three qualifying matches which will decide who enters the last 16.

The match will last for 48 hours, in which time the participants will need to outline their team, basic strategy, and strategy against their opponent.

Also, the voting will take place during this 48 hour period. There will be a poll but only votes with answers developed in a post will be taken into consideration. This development doesn't have to be paragraphs long, even a single sentence is fine. But don't vote until the competitors have had a chance to outline their teams.

Best of luck.

Who wins? 3 votes

Trippie
    0%
    Yurt
    100%
    Trippieredzerdrogeagle eye 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Yurt is not around at the moment but he sent me his write up and here it is:
    Yurt wrote:
    abDLMqdanW.jpg[/url]

General The main strength of my team is my front four of Bale,Tarrabt,Cantona,and Walcott. The pace and skill of Bale and Walcott on the wings would cause even the best defenders in the world problems. Cantona in his prime in 1993 scored 25 goals.Last year Bale got 10 goals and 14 assists in the premier league while Walcott got 8 goals and 10 assists. Adel Tarrabt who was quite dissapointing last year still managed to chip in with 5 assists and 2 goals in the league despite being asked to play much deeper than he was used to in the championship.Overall i think the attacking quality i have will be far too much for Trippies team to deal with.

My centre midfield pairing of Lucas Leiva and Abou Diaby will add to the tenacity in my team.Both are midfielders who are good technically and not afraid to put themselves about in the tackle.Lucas will look to get on the ball as much as possible and control the tempo of the game while Diaby will be more of a box to box midfielder.I feel that this midfield pairing is one of the most solid in the competition.Lucas Leiva has been liverpools best player for the last 2 years and an Arsenal team without Abou Diaby is a completely different outfit.All you have to do is ask a Liverpool and an Arsenal fan how important these two players are to have fit and you will realize how good a midfield i have here.

Martin Kelly who recently won the northwest young player of the year ahead of a number of Man City,United and Everton players is a testament of how good he was last season.He managed to displace Glen Johnson at right back for most of the season and won a number of MoM awards.I think he will offer good support to the midfield and will provide a constant option for Walcott as he overlaps and gets in a good position for a cross.Gael Clichy who was a big money signing for City not so long ago has cemented himself as the best left back in the league.

My centre half pairing of Shawcross and Kaboul is a combinaton of a no nonsense defender and a ball playing defender who is very technically gifted.I think if you look at any top team and they have similar pairings to this Vidic and Ferdinand, Agger and Skrtel, Luiz and Terry, and Vermallen and Per.Howard will look to play the ball short to Kaboul as often as possible as my team try to dictate the pace of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Looks like i'm winning at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yurt wrote: »
    Looks like i'm winning at the moment.

dont think you are
    There will be a poll but only votes with answers developed in a post will be taken into consideration. This development doesn't have to be paragraphs long, even a single sentence is fine. But don't vote until the competitors have had a chance to outline their teams.

at least not yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

;)

sarcasm-detector-thumb1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Yurt
    Sorry about lack of reply, thanksgiving week here and was driving and working and crazy busy.

abDMfcQaeL.jpg
    Find your football tactics app at this11.com

Basically everything through the middle like milan of 05-07, counter atacking at pace. controlling tempo in middle, have the best wing back pairing in the combination as well as two great centre backs.

dont have time for much more, will be back tomorrow to reply properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Yurt
    if diaby and lucas were fit and playing well this year it would make this a lot more difficult but the fact that kelly and kaboul have also missed the majority of the season and are both playing the same side of the defence I cant see how yurt can win this game even with bale, walcott and cantona. Also cantona would be much better playing off a striker himself.

trippie wins this one for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'll go for yurts team. Im willing to look past the players who are out injured. And taking that into account i think yurt might just win 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Yurt
    I'll go for yurts team. Im willing to look past the players who are out injured. And taking that into account i think yurt might just win 2-1

I could understand if it was 1 player that was injured then maybe the rest of the team could cope with this be 4 out of the 11 players is too much for any team particularly when its both CM's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The criteria says 'current form'. I don't think we're to imagine that players are playing with their injury.

I'll be judging Lucas, Diaby etc... as if they were fully fit

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

I'm sorry but as far as i can see the criteria says current ability

• Advertisement

I think both teams are very good. probably unlucky that they came up against each other here because both are probably superior to some of the other teams I've seen here.

I'm going to go with Yurt because I think he has quality right through the first XI and his front 3 is very good. Bale and Walcott are both capable of getting behind and finishing and with Cantona's flair he should be able to set up chances as well as get on the end of them.

His defence is very good if not spectacular, and with Kelly and Clichy the threat out wide is further increased.

I like Trippie's team too, but I wonder if he could have set it up better. I think himself and Aguero either side (with the licsence to swap and drift) might have worked better.

He has a very solid team and it's hard to pick holes in it, but his midfield is not the most spectacular I suppose and I would expect Lucas and Diaby to dominate most of the ball.

Harsh on whoever goes out here, but I think Yurt's team is better

Yurt wrote: »
    I'm sorry but as far as i can see the criteria says current ability

Sorry this is what I meant to say! Current ability - players still have ability when they're injured. Form should probably be considered as a factor but it's not going to make a bad player into a great one or vise-versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Before I give my thoughts I'd just like to ask - why Jonas in DM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Jonas and Ode as wingers would work better IMO . Have to read over the the write ups again before I choose a winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yurt for me. His weakness is the centre backs and striker but I think his wings against Trippie fullbacks will have a great time. Rafael is poor defensively and I think Bale + clichy would cause a lot of damage as well as Walcott and Kelly. I just don't think Trippie has the midfielders who can help cover this area sufficiently and end up being exposed in the centre. Yurt has the benefit of having Lucas and Diaby to hell cover his full backs. 2-1 Yurt I'd go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yurt for me.

Trippies team has zero width, which is Yurt main strangth so it would be ripped apart down the wings and Jonas in DM is just an all round bizarre choice, as is Freddie in a central midfield 4?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would usually look past the injured player thing although there is a lot of them in one team here, however I am still going to go with Yurts side as the way the opposition is set up is really a headscratcher and actually gets rid of a lot of the threat a team with attacking talents like Aguero and Freddie for example posses. He and Jonas on the wings would give his side far more of a threat but Jonas as a DM is just very odd and although he is missing a classic CF to set up cantona and bag a lot of goals I think Eric, Bale and Walcott would do enough damage to secure the win. So Yurt for me but with a few tweaks to Trippie's side it would have been a harder decision imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Yurt
    been crazy busy, havent had time to proper effort in like I normally do with the tactical analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yurt
    Trippie for me, just cannot look past all the injury prone players in Yurt's team.

Somebody mentioned current ability and for me current ability includes the fitness of a player over the course of the season and last season and there are just too many players who on average don't play even 45 minutes per game in Yurt's team. That for me has to be part of currrent ability.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement