Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on this LCD monitor?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

If you don't pay any more than 75 euro, it's a great deal, probably close to half the price you might expect to pay for the same thing.
    But don't expect the colours and contrast to be great.
    For movies and general use as a computer screen, it looks like a good bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kristofferson

I forgot to say that it has been used for 3 years but thanks for your reply. Would it be a good monitor for gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Would it be a good monitor for gaming?
    That depends on how fussy you are.

For gaming, the colors matter a bit less.
    But the refresh rate and response time might be an issue.
    Also the contrast can help to some degree in games.

It's a fairly typical screen, 5ms response and 60hz refresh. It will be fine for gaming, the majority of people out there will have similar setups. Enthusiasts can push it to 2ms and 120hz, but that's a lot more than 75 euro.

As long as it's in good shape, it wont matter much that it's old. But keep in mind that colours fade over time, even on LCDs. My 2006 monitors are a bit more yellow than my 2012 monitors.

I notice also that it has an AG coating to stop glare, again it's a preference thing - but some people feel that it ends up blurring the display a little.
    Oh and if you get to test it, ensure you try it with the a DVI cable instead of VGA - the quality can differ for various reasons.

Advertisement