Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel open in Limerick

• 23-11-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Great idea and service .... especially for ordering from UK sites.

Get UK delivery (most sites are free) - Parcel Motel will pick it up and drop at nearest location for €3.50. You get a text when the parcel arrives.

Your first 2 drops are freee.

There is one in Chawkes ... more to come apparently.

https://www.parcelmotel.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Some problems with the Ballysimon one they said. Personally I wouldn't put one there. It's a very dark site so collecting something in the evenings would put me off. I have Chawkes selected as my location and plan on buying some things through Fleabay with sellers with Free UK Delivery instead of £6.99 to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

FFS....I just ordered from the UK and had it sent to a Parcel Motel in Dublin. Other than that, great news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭leakyboots

The other two are in Topaz Dock Road and Topaz Caherdavin, very handy service, some Amazon sellers ship to UK only

leakyboots wrote: »
    The other two are in Topaz Dock Road and Topaz Caherdavin, very handy service, some Amazon sellers ship to UK only

Like the missus's's's's perfume is £9.99 postage but free to the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Villa05

Quick question,
    Would you you be paying irish or uk vat on purchases as it is first posted to the uk

Villa05 wrote: »
    Quick question,
    Would you you be paying irish or uk vat on purchases as it is first posted to the uk

UK. They don't know its leaving the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Been waiting for this for months. First order placed and many more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Villa05 wrote: »
    Quick question,

Doesn't matter, ur paying uk vat anyways.

Someone buying in uk pays Irish....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Finally, just in time for Xmas too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Forgive me..... I'm a bit thick!

How does it work?

So I can an item on ebay from a seller that only delivers to uk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭leakyboots

moby2101 wrote: »

How does it work?

Yeah, you use Parcelmotel's warehouse address in NI and they charge you 3.50 to send it to a motel of your choice. They send you an email/text with the PIN and you have 48 hours to get it from the motel. If you fail to collect it's sent to their Dublin warehouse and there's a fee of around a tenner to have it sent down. But anyone with the PIN can collect it.

Your first two are free. Just be sure that anything you order arrives in one box, they'll charge you for each box it arrives in. Or if the company decides to send you leaflets afterwards for e.g.

It's all explained pretty clearly on their website

https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

moby2101 wrote: »

How does it work?

I know it's been exampled by text but found the video much easier to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

This is fantastic news. Too bad it wasn't there for the nexus sale.

Small electronics from Amazon at last!

Kindle fire is still on offer for £99 if anyone is so inclined ;)

I can see this being a very popular service, I always preferred collection parcels than trying to get them delivered to the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Doesn't matter, ur paying uk vat anyways.

Someone buying in uk pays Irish....
    Not necessarily ken, there is a sales threshold where UK companies must apply Irish vat. For example, cycle helmets used to have zero vat in UK, but if you ordered from a big online seller then they had to apply Irish vat. If you bought from a smaller guy you got it vat free.
    Can't think of any other examples of a 20% diff. Led to many people being confused when the price would change when put Ireland as address, suspicions of discrimination etc

I bought from Game.co.uk as they had one of the games half price so ordered them(1 parcel) with delivery through ParcelMotel about 10 minutes ago to Chawkes Texaco. I'd imagine they will arrive into Newtownabbey on Wednesday and be in Limerick for Thursday at some stage. :)

There goes my first €3.50 Free Bonus. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

It would cost me €30 in petrol to drive to and from the nearest parcel motel :mad:

Sam Kade wrote: »
    It would cost me €30 in petrol to drive to and from the nearest parcel motel :mad:

Cost you more to drive to the UK

My mother wanted to buy my missus perfume for Christmas. Cheapest is €73.50 in Ireland and cheapest sellers in the UK won't ship here. I bought it on my CC on Amazon(Market place seller not Amazon themselves) and it was €48.50 and used my 2nd and last free delivery from Parcel Motel. Both should arrive next Wednesday or Thursday.

My Game.co.uk shipped at 4pm today and only just bought the other one.

Actually I drove passed Chawkes twice today and couldn't see the Motel from the road. Where is it, around the back?

Anyone know if nightline has a depot in Limerick? If you order an overside parcel in Dublin you pick it up from the depot or pay extra to have delivered to your house. I wonder if it is the same here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

yes, its over by eastway. big thread about the service with an official rep on there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

I've already asked the same, they'll hold it at limerick depot for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Beer Baron wrote: »

Actually I drove passed Chawkes twice today and couldn't see the Motel from the road. Where is it, around the back?

Its just up from the air and water towards lidl inside the fence. Its backed on to the Dublin road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Pity they don't have one in the topaz in Raheen :( Great idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Pity they don't have one in the topaz in Raheen :( Great idea though.

There's more coming, apparently 35 for the limerick / Clare areas

Its just up from the air and water towards lidl inside the fence. Its backed on to the Dublin road.

Yep, spotted it a few minutes ago. Handy aul spot for me. I'll update when my items arrive so people can get an idea how quickly they turn up. One is from Game.co.uk and the other from a Marketplace seller on Amazon(who wouldn't post outside UK)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

My new tablet arrived yesterday :) I received a text and email in the morning and picked it up last night...very simple, looking forward to using them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

i registered the other day was gonna use it for mac as they only ship to the uk and theres something i want but they don't have it here but i read through it and it mentioned something bout they'd send out a card with some pmid number or something do i need to wait till i get this to use the service does anyone know??

nope, register, you've got your PMID in the My account info, order, and they text you the pin code when your package arrives.

Something else arrived today. Pick it up tomorrow morning. Great service.

• Advertisement

problem with my first delivery as the website had a bug which stopped my PM location update from going through. called in and mailed Orla on here, package is being picked up from other location and shipped down tomorrow, and she let me know that my other two packages are arriving tonight. fantastic Customer service!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement