Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel open in Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Pity they don't have one in the topaz in Raheen :( Great idea though.

The one on the Dock road is not too far from there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I used it for the first time this week and no problems. Ordered something from the UK on Monday at had it Thursday. Saved about a tenner on postage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Collected a parcel this morning from the Castletroy motel. Brilliant service! Saved 20 euro shipping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

zuroph wrote: »
    problem with my first delivery as the website had a bug which stopped my PM location update from going through. called in and mailed Orla on here, package is being picked up from other location and shipped down tomorrow, and she let me know that my other two packages are arriving tonight. fantastic Customer service!

I agree 100%
    Customer service from Orla is spot on!
    I had a prob with my reg no, I had registered ages ago and lost all my details and for some reason I couldn't get it to resend my PM####.
    I sent an email last weekend and had a reply with my ID number late on a Saturday evening!
    Having a Parcel Motel in Caherdavin will save me a bloody fortune :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw one at the Topaz on the Dock Road(by the Docklands entrance) which was still wrapped up in blue stuff so not in use yet. Handy for those on that side of town.

Only gripe(hardly a deal breaker) with it is getting used to pressing the glass screen and getting the number to input correctly. It's like the glass and the touchpad don't line up. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Yeah the touchscreen is not the best. The glass is so thick its hard to press the right keys if you are not looking straight at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I saw one at the Topaz on the Dock Road(by the Docklands entrance) which was still wrapped up in blue stuff so not in use yet. Handy for those on that side of town.

Only gripe(hardly a deal breaker) with it is getting used to pressing the glass screen and getting the number to input correctly. It's like the glass and the touchpad don't line up. :rolleyes:

Yes I noticed this immediately but it's not an issue when you know about it. It's only a fraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Just registered my account, nice to see the €7 balance on my account :p

There will be a lot of online shopping done in the lead up to xmas, and Topaz on the Dock Rd is only 2 mins from me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭dunworth1

went out to see the one in caherdavin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dunworth1 wrote: »
    went out to see the one in caherdavin

Where in Caherdavin is that one?

• Advertisement

Topaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

God damn Parcel Motel wants me to go buy something now for the sake of it. :pac:

Topaz
    Past advanced pit stop (as your head out to tesco)
    It's at the side

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Topaz
    Past advanced pit stop (as your head out to tesco)
    It's at the side

That's only a short walk away for me. Could be very handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

so it's a machine that you collect your parcel from? not an office? haven't had a chance to read website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Will this work for avoiding customs if buying stuff in the US?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Will this work for avoiding customs if buying stuff in the US?

no they will refuse the package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

****e

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

sorry, just to confirm if i buy an android tablet on amazon.co.uk for around 90 euro and get it sent to parcel motel in antrim and then to limerick will i avoid custom charges and if i dont how much are custom charges,thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Christ I used deliverme.ie a while back and it cost me like 25euro:mad:

didn't know about parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

sorry, just to confirm if i buy an android tablet on amazon.co.uk for around 90 euro and get it sent to parcel motel in antrim and then to limerick will i avoid custom charges and if i dont how much are custom charges,thanks

There are no additional charges if you pay taxes/vat on the item in the EU.

phog wrote: »
    There are no additional charges if you pay taxes/vat on the item in the EU.

Exactly the only thing you are getting around here is the refusal from Amazon to ship that specific item to Ireland. All purchases in the EU are allowed into the country.

If I go to Latvia and buy 20,000 cigarettes I can walk them through an airport because they will have EU duty paid on them in Latvia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Exactly the only thing you are getting around here is the refusal from Amazon to ship that specific item to Ireland. All purchases in the EU are allowed into the country.

If I go to Latvia and buy 20,000 cigarettes I can walk them through an airport because they will have EU duty paid on them in Latvia.

Ha, try walk 20000 back through customs and see what happens. The UK have a 3500 limit, I assume its something similar here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Roadend wrote: »
    Ha, try walk 20000 back through customs and see what happens. The UK have a 3500 limit, I assume its something similar here.
    mgbgt1978 wrote: »

That's a bit stupid and contradicts the "free movement of goods" act but then again this is Ireland and considering we penalise people for saving money........................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

That's a bit stupid and contradicts the "free movement of goods" act but then again this is Ireland and considering we penalise people for saving money........................:rolleyes:

A restriction also applies to the UK so maybe it's something to do with drugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

phog wrote: »
    A restriction also applies to the UK so maybe it's something to do with drugs?

Its to do with illegal selling of cigarettes. I believe though that if you come through with, shall we say, not an outrageous amount, that even if they threaten to take them off you, the burden of proof is on customs to prove they are not for yourself. If they can't then you can skip on through and smoke away to your failing heart's desire.

Edit, read the CAB thing again and it says same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Celtxx wrote: »
    Yeah the touchscreen is not the best. The glass is so thick its hard to press the right keys if you are not looking straight at it.

This was my only complaint as well!

It took me a few goes the first time. I found that if you aim towards the bottom of the buttons it tends to hit them right.

Takes a bit of practice....I think I will be getting plenty of practice between now and Christmas..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Great service, used it for the first time yesterday.The touchpad as most people have said is a bit hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Just used it myself for the first time. Its a very handy service. Like someone said above you need to aim slightly low of the key pad and you'll be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement