Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a meal using meat cooked from frozen be frozen again ?

Options
  • 23-11-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭

Say for example a shepard pie.

Frozen meat thawed and cooked in a pie. Can I then freeze the finished pies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well I always do - chilli, lasagne etc and it hasnt killed any of us yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Saw a documentary a while back that demonstrated that, after a period of 24 hours, there were significanlty more bacteria on a piece of meat that was refrozen than meat placed in a fridge after freezing or left out in the open :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

As you have cooked it in the interim, yes, it is OK to freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@OP - Yes you can for the reason outlined in mitosis' post.

@All - No Food Safety Advice please.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

worded wrote: »
    Say for example a shepard pie.

Frozen meat thawed and cooked in a pie. Can I then freeze the finished pies?

Oh God, yes. This is how I manage to always have good homecooked food during the week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

smcgiff wrote: »
    Saw a documentary a while back that demonstrated that, after a period of 24 hours, there were significanlty more bacteria on a piece of meat that was refrozen than meat placed in a fridge after freezing or left out in the open :eek:

If you heat it properly once thawed, it'll be fine. The bacteria will be killed. Dunno know if this is classed as food safety advice. It's just common sense really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Rightio, I don't think this thread needs to remain open, seeing as the question has been answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement