Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barratts Mens Shoes

• 23-11-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

2 pairs of shoes for €65 less 20% = €52. Fairly good selection of smart / work shoes as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Tried putting two of the £55 formal shoes in the basket. 25% GIFT code can't be used in conjuction with this and £4.95 delivery. £60 for two pairs? Still not bad as looking for shoes but am I missing something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

what is the code?

Would never buy shoes from them, quality is rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

2 pairs of shoes for €65 less 20% = €52. Fairly good selection of smart / work shoes as well.

For nice shoes, TKMAXX is your man. You will always find decent formal footwear at a very good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Depends on what you want them for. Work is fine. There nice, smart and dressy. If you're getting a pair for 25e and last a good 4-5 months the you're spending 75 a year on shoes for work. You could buy a pair for 100 and would only last 7-8 months. I'm on my feet all day and they last me a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

The original op was from before Christmas in store. The normal deal is two for 65 but had 20% off so 2 for 52. It's obviously only on certain shoes, I got two pairs and very happy with them. Also got a pair of hush puppies which just had the 20% off and they are very comfortable. Completely agree with the previous post although I'm sure the more money you spend on a pair the better it is for your feet. Presume offer is well finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got a pair of Clarks today for 25 reduced from 80:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Got a pair of Clarks today for 25 reduced from 80:D
    In store or online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

I,ve bought sketchers and other branded shoes off Barrets online in the past when they have had sales on and free delivery.
    Have always been happy with my purchases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Yeah its their own brand stuff that's muck. Lasted me 6 weeks last time. And the guy in the shop pretty much said not to buy their own brand stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

peteb2 wrote: »
    Yeah its their own brand stuff that's muck. Lasted me 6 weeks last time. And the guy in the shop pretty much said not to buy their own brand stuff!!

Made a huge mistake going to a wedding recently, bought a pair of their own brand shoes, looked the part but the ****ing heel fell off them as I was leaving the church!!! Saddled wearing a pair of dubarrys (had for day after) for the rest of the day and night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Made a huge mistake going to a wedding recently, bought a pair of their own brand shoes, looked the part but the ****ing heel fell off them as I was leaving the church!!! Saddled wearing a pair of dubarrys (had for day after) for the rest of the day and night!

Not inspiring me with confidence, I am after buying two pairs today...worried about them now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

So you were keeping the "dubes" for the next day ? Serves you right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Armelodie wrote: »
    In store or online ?

In store :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

dodzy wrote: »
    So you were keeping the "dubes" for the next day ? Serves you right :D

As stated in my post, yes the "dubes" were for the day after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I can't agree with this more. A few years back I spent €70 in there on a pair of shoes. After three days of wearing them (as a barman) my feet were nearly crippled. I brought them back for a refund and said there must be something wrong with them, because no shoe should make your feet feel that bad but they said tough cookie, they're now used and 'you should have noticed that when buying them'. I nearly felt like taking my runners and socks off in the shop to show her the red marks on my feet from their shoes.

But the manager and staff were rude & unaccomodating and wouldn't entertain a refund or credit note for what was clearly a defective pair of shoes. As a result I'll never shop with them again and would advise others to give them a wide berth too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

RATM wrote: »
    I can't agree with this more. A few years back I spent €70 in there on a pair of shoes. After three days of wearing them (as a barman) my feet were nearly crippled. I brought them back for a refund and said there must be something wrong with them, because no shoe should make your feet feel that bad but they said tough cookie, they're now used and 'you should have noticed that when buying them'. I nearly felt like taking my runners and socks off in the shop to show her the red marks on my feet from their shoes.

But the manager and staff were rude & unaccomodating and wouldn't entertain a refund or credit note for what was clearly a defective pair of shoes. As a result I'll never shop with them again and would advise others to give them a wide berth too.

NEWB!:D

Agree 100% with the shop here.

Advertisement