Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon tea

Options
  • 23-11-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Who does the best :

The Shelbourne
    or
    The Westbury

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Why limit yourself to those. The Merrion has the best in my opinion. Their pastry chef is an absolute top guy and competes at an international level.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

You're right, but i've had it there.
    It was lovely.

But wanted to try another one.
    Personally i reckon The Merrion could be bettered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You need to book the Shelbourne normally.

Yeah i know, its for a Christmas present so i'll have to get the vouchers in advance.

In fairness im guessing they all could be much of a muchness.

Was hoping someone might have a 'thing' for Afternoon Tea's and be able to tell me straight out what was the best lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I personally think The Shelbourne has better afternoon tea than The Westbury.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

St. Helen's Hotel (Radisson) is also worth checking out, especially for a post dining stroll around the grounds on a fine day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

I've been told by someone who would know such a thing that the Westin is better than the Shelbourne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Was at the Shelbourne for my sister's 30th and it was amazing! There were 4 of us and we ordered 3 afternoon teas and still had too much food!

I've been told by someone who would know such a thing that the Westin is better than the Shelbourne

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

For a presumably cheaper alternative there's a good place in the Swan Centre in Rathmines, proper sit down job with tiers of sandwiches and cakes and about four thousand teas to choose from. You can get vouchers for it too. I was given one as a gift and it's pretty damn good. Of course the name of the place escapes me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I went to the Westin last year for my hen do, the Atrium lounge is so lovely, the afternoon tea was delicious - absolutely enormous!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Hi guys,

I was also thinking about this for an xmas present. Stupid question, but can you get coffees instead of tea though?

I've heard the merrion is great.

Thanks

:| wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was also thinking about this for an xmas present. Stupid question, but can you get coffees instead of tea though?

I've heard the merrion is great.

Thanks

I've never heard of an Afternoon coffee :D
    Check the website, they have the menu's up, im sure you could get coffee.

Advertisement