Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gluten free bread

• 23-11-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

has any one here ever tried to make the gluten free bread..having been diagnosed with celiac disease a number of years ago im getting tired of forking out money on the tiny loafs of bread in the supermarkets..im now thinking off buying a bread maker can any one recommand a make or design or can anyone be used for gluten free bread.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Most breadmakers can do gluten free bread, and have recipes for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

http://www.coeliac.ie/gf_living/recipes/breads/parsnip_parmesan_bread

I've eaten this one and it's great. I presume the same recipe can be used in a bread maker

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭moonfish

Hey thanks its just that ive read on some forum that gluten free bread bread requires a special bread maker i dont know how true this is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

moonfish wrote: »
    Hey thanks its just that ive read on some forum that gluten free bread bread requires a special bread maker i dont know how true this is

The one I posted can definitely be made by hand if you want to try it before buying a bread maker. It's the only GF bread I've tried that didn't taste like cotton wool.

Grating the parsnips is a PITA though if you do it by hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VKenneally

moonfish wrote: »
    has any one here ever tried to make the gluten free bread..having been diagnosed with celiac disease a number of years ago im getting tired of forking out money on the tiny loafs of bread in the supermarkets..im now thinking off buying a bread maker can any one recommand a make or design or can anyone be used for gluten free bread.
    My Mother has made Gluten Free bread for years for my sister, I will get the recipie for you. But you should also maybe try a product I bought for her recently, it's called Helens (brilliant bread mix) I think, it's Gluten Free bread mix in a bag, so you just add the water/milk? They do scones/buns etc...really handy!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement