Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Year Old - Occasional Bedwetting

Options
  • 23-11-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi

Not sure if it' s something I should be concerned about.

I have son - just turned 6. He has been potty trained since 2 1/2. No problems during the day - never wets his pants etc.

It's at night - sometimes he can go weeks and never wet the bed. He gets up in middle of the night (still asleep in some cases!!) and goes to the toilet. But sometimes he wets the bed once or twice a week during the night. He can do this for a few months then stop again

Is it something that just happens or should I be doing something about?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I think sometimes it just happens, I have two suggestion

firstly keep a check on his fluid intake prior to bed time try and stop it a hour or two before hand and if he isnt already get him to use the bathroom before he goes to be (Your probably already doing all of this but just in case your not)

Secondly, something could have happened to upset him maybe in school, with friends...its not always the case but in some cases wetting the bed can be a sign, sometimes. again your probably already doing this, but have a chat with him about his day you know yourself not in a over prodding kinda way but in a chatty way and just reassure him he can talk to you about anything

Your probably doing the above already and if so and neither of them are a cause for concern then maybe a chat with your doctor, my sister was forever having kidney infections that meant she bed wet into her teens it wasnt all the time but every couple of months, so it could also be something like this which is easily solved with antibiotics.

Advertisement